54 | sensei & sensibility

"Oh, our commercial is on," Rudy said excitedly as they sat gathered around the tv in the dojo.

"Your commercial," Azalea corrected, "I had nothing to do with this abomination."

"Hello, I'm Rudy Gillespie, the Sensei of the Bobby Wasabi Dojo," Rudy said in the commercial.

"Oh no," Jack, who was dressed like a stereotypical nerd, said, "Some bully just stole my calculator. I wish I knew karate."

"I'll teach you," Rudy said before faking whispering something and giving the camera a thumbs up.

"Thank you, handsome sensei," Jack said before literally ripping of his shirt to reveal a black tank top underneath that showed of his muscles, "Hey, you, give me my calculator back."

Jack did a routine as Jerry walked into the shot, "Oh no," he said and if possible his acting was even worse than the others, "You must have learned karate at the Bobby Wasabi Dojo, conveniently located at 3316 Ma—Main Street," he gulped before giving the calculator back and letting out a high pitched scream as he ran away.

"Hey," Milton said, "I was watching you from over — there. What do you call those moves you did so well?"

"They are called karate, friend," Jack looked into the camera while holding up his calculator, "Because life without it — just doesn't add up."

"Wow, you wear karate well," Kim linking her arm with Jack, "Can I please be your girlfriend now?"

Jack winked to the camera and Rudy ran back into picture, "Sign up today. Call 1-5-5-5-0-1-ya!"

The other actually looked really proud over the commercial while Azalea was speechless, "I have some pointers. The only thing good about this was the camerawork."

"You filmed it," Jack pointed out.

"Exactly."

"See, now everyone in Seaford will know that I'm the King of Karate," Rudy said proudly:

"Uh, Rudy, you may want to see this," Kim said as another commercial started.

"I'm Chuck Banner, the Karate King. And if you love America, you will sign up at my new Seaford Karate King Dojo today. Hiyah! Call within the next thirty minutes and you will receive this free Karate King clock," the camera moved from Chuck to two models holding up a clock, "'men and ladies love waking up next to me. What time it is? Half past awesome."

"You see, in this commercial the camerawork was very sloppy," Azalea said before turning to Jerry who picked up his phone, "Eh, Jerry, what are you doing?"

"I'm getting that clock," Jerry told them.

"I want one too," Milton said.

"Please, guys," Jack scoffed, "Chuck Banner is a joke."

"Jack is right. Nobody is calling Katate King from my dojo," Rudy said firmly, snatching Jerry's phone, "You guys go stretch out. Get to work."

The teenagers walked away to stretch while Rudy, with all his integrity, bought two clocks.

☆★☆

Azalea laid on the bench on the dojo reading while Rudy was busy with his Shin Do practice as Jack walked in, "Hey, Rudy, there is something I want to talk to you about."

"Hang on," Rudy said, "I just have to finish my Shin Do practice. — Okay, I'm good."

"Check it out, the big sensei tournament is going to be at the Seaford Civic Center. The final round is going to be televised."