Welcome to the Club

TW:

Jack POV
As we left the apartment complex with the social worker, I was smiling.

"I can't believe you stayed there," Elmer said, talking to Crutchie. Crutchie smiled, embarrassed, and scratched the back of his neck.

"Yeah..." he said. "Can we not tell the gang?" He suddenly asked. I gaped at him a little.

"Why not?! We should, they can celebrate with us!" I said. Crutchie looked down.

"I don't want them to know," he insisted.

"But why!? If they know so what? They could fight your dad as well," I joked, bumping his shoulder.

"Jack I'm serious, do not tell them." Crutchie said, his voice colder than usual.

"But-"

"Don't. Tell. The. Gang." Crutchie cut me off. I gaped at him a little and looked to Elmer for help. Elmer was glaring at me a little.

"Geeze, fine. I won't tell anyone, okay?" Crutchie nodded at this. I was still confused Why wouldn't he want to tell? He would be supported more, and the gang would know he is okay. He would also have more people to beat his dad up. I thought.

"Jack," I heard someone whisper. I looked up at saw Medda, who was beckoning me away a little.

"Yeah?" I asked. He looked at me dead in the eyes.

"Don't tell anyone okay?" She said. I rolled my eyes a little.

"Crutchie already told me that! And why? Doesn't he want more help?" Medda sighed.

"Not everyone wants their personal life and troubles broadcasted to the world. Some don't even want friends to know. It's a very personal subject, and you need to respect that no matter how much you disagree." Medda said, an intensity filled her eyes and boring into my skull.

"I promise I will," I said solemnly. Medda nodded, her smiled coming back on her face.

"Good, now go back to your friends." She said with a smile. I nodded and walked back to them.

"-ure that they will be okay with it?" I heard the tail end of Crutchie's question. Elmer nodded.

"I know they will, you can stay as long as you want." He said.

"Hey," I said as I walked up. "Whatcha talking about?"

"Oh, I'm going to stay with Elmer's family for a little." Crutchie explained. I was confused.

"Elmer's?" I asked. They both nodded. "Okay," I said, playing it off like it was normal. We then made it to our cars. Elmer and Crutchie got in with the social worker, who would take them to Elmer's house, and I got into Medda's car. Once I got in, I immediately got nervous.

"You okay?" Medda asked.

"Yeah, just the whole Newsies Banner thing." I responded. We had decided to finish and print it tomorrow, and then put it up and hand it out the next day. But this time we would also reach other schools, which had also had new rules. Spot would hand them out at the football game, Race and Romeo at the track meet, Specs at the mathletes game, and Sarah at the soccer game. It would definitely help us make sure Pulitzer stopped the rules. The main school we wanted to get it to was the Journal High, because they had the same rules that we did.

"It'll work, I promise. You have me, Mr. Denton, and many other teachers on your side." Medda assured. I nodded, the pulled out my phone.

Davey: Guysssssssssssssss

LesbianOfDoom: wut

Davey: All we need to do is edit

FlirtingMenace: YAY

AlbertoWithoutAShirto: woooohooooo

Finch: yipee

KingOfBrooklyn: finch did you just say 'yipee'

Finch: im not proud of it

BetsAndRaces: hahahhahahahahah

JackBeNimble: im excited

LittleBrother2: everyone is

WarbyParker: True

LesbianOfDemise: this is also so nerve racking tho

LittleBrother1: yeah, like what if it doesn't work and Pulitzer makes it worse or something

KingOfBrooklyn: i dont think it will

Davey: But if it does, we will handle it

JackBeNimble: agreed

LesbianOfDoom: jacks joining the club

JackBeNimble: darnit

BetsAndRaces: the club now has three members

LittleBrother2: davey katherine and the newly added jack kelly

JackBeNimble: forget i ever said that

FlirtingMenace: yeah no

Davey: Welcome to the club

I laughed as I clicked off my phone. Great, I'm never going live that down. And it will be the only time too! What great friends.