'Art Studio'

TW:

Jack POV
I woke up this morning groggy. I looked over at the clock and checked the time. 12:36, okay. WAIT!!! Davey is coming over in a half an hour!!! My brain suddenly reminded me. I scrambled to get up, throwing on a random shirt and some pants. I flew out of my room and to the bathroom to brush my teeth and my hair.

"Ya finally up?" Race snickered, and I glared.

"You could have woken me." I muttered and he shrugged. I finished and went to my room to clean it up some. When I was done with that I turned my attention to my 'art studio'. It was more of a small random room we couldn't find a use for, but I turned into something better. I looked around, and decided it was clean enough. Just then I heard a buzz on the intercom thing, and Medda went to answer. I couldn't hear the person on the other side, but I did hear,

"Hello Davey! I'll buzz you in!" I frantically checked over the main places we would be in before walking into the living room. Davey was sitting on the couch while Medda was talking to him.

"Hey Dave," I said, his attention moving towards where I was standing.

"Hey Jack! Ready to get to work?" He asked, getting up. I nodded and motioned for him to follow me.

I walked into my 'art studio' and turned to look at him. His eyes opened up wide with wonder as he looked around the room. I looked around with him, noting my mediums shelf. It held chalk, charcoal, watercolors, paints of all kinds and colors, pencils, pens, markers, colored pencils, and a bunch of other things I couldn't even see.

"This is so cool!" He exclaimed and I chuckled.

"Yeah, I guess. Anyway, what design ideas were you thinking?" I asked, sitting down in one of the two chairs, specifically the one in front of the drawing board. I grabbed a sketching pencil as Davey started to explain.

"I was thinking we could have newspapers all around the edge, looking like they have been thrown into the air and ripped. In the middle we have big fonts saying "Rally Against The Rules" and then under is some subtext saying "Have your clubs join us on Thursday to try and repeal the unfair rules". Is that good?" He asked.

"Brilliant. And we can add more than just newspapers, like beakers, or other science-y things, and books, and stuff like soccer balls and footballs." I added, turning to start drawing. Davey looked over my shoulder and pointed out ideas and improvements.

Soon we had gotten good sketch, and I grabbed a sharpie to start outlining. While I did that, Davey watched in fascination. Soon it was time to add color.

"Watercolors or colored pencils for this?" I asked him, holding it up. He thought for a second before answering with,

"Watercolors would look cooler. And we could watercolor the edges a little brown to make it look like an old-timey newspaper, like the type the newsboys in the newsboys strike of 1899 had." Davey suggested. I nodded and got to work coloring. I added the edges like he suggested and held it up.

"Looks good?"

"Good?! That looks amazing! I will take that and go to my dads work, we can copy it a lot there. I really hope this helps." Davey muttered the last part after carefully grabbing and folding the paper.

"It will. This should be big enough that it will get clubs and sports like the football team to join, ones that other clubs and sports will follow." I insisted. He nodded, a newfound determination glittering his eyes. You should kiss him right now. My brain thought. What?! No, he probably doesn't even like me back! I argued. My internal conflict raged for a few minutes until Davey got a text from his dad that he was outside.

"I have to go now. See you later!" He said and walked out of the room.

"Seeya!" I called back. I slowly put my head in my hands. Why do you want me to do such stupid things? I asked my brain. It replied with, Impulse. I sighed and got up, walking out of the room and turning off the lights. This plan WILL work, and it WILL help.