Pavel Chekov - Toothbrush

Baby you don't have to rush, you can leave a toothbrush at my place

"Wanna find somewhere a little more quiet?"

You only half hear me and turn your own music off. I repeat myself and you smile a little.

"You're not enjoying my roommate's taste in music either?"

It's my turn to smile. "Not at all. I thought I would enjoy this party a lot more than I currently do. The music is bad, everyone's too drunk, someone's throwing up in your bathroom and there isn't even any food."

You apologise for being a bad co-host and accept my invite to find somewhere that isn't your dorm room. You seem eager to leave. Your roommate barely even notices you're going. I don't think he notices much of anything after his fourth Saurian brandy anyway but we leave and we walk and we find a spot on the grass that isn't polluted by music that is far too loud to be enjoyed.

We watch people come and go around campus. We talk about anything except how noisy your roommate is. We talk about classes and you seem way too young to be as academically gifted as you are. You speak so softly and it makes me wonder how you manage with a roommate as loud as yours.

We end up back at the party but not for a hugely long time. You go to get something from your bedroom and your roommate clears his throat.

"I really wouldn't be going in there if I were you."

You glare at your roommate and let go of the door handle. I'm grinning like an idiot and you tell me softly that you hate parties. I tell your roommate he owes me one and I bring you back to my dorm.

I have the dorm mostly to myself. My own roommate essentially lives with her boyfriend and I see her maybe twice a week. I offer you the couch for the night and you tell me you appreciate me giving you somewhere quiet.

I give you the responsibility of picking a movie and you excel at that too. It's something I haven't watched before but it's witty and thoughtful. It somehow says a lot about you. I can't say why yet. We've only run into each other a few times before tonight. I really don't know you all that well yet but one part of me wants to.

We do get to know one another better.

And I swear if you spend one more night in my dorm, Pavel Chekov, you may as well move in. I've lost count of how many consecutive nights you've been here this week but it's at least four and I'm wondering why we haven't addressed it yet.

"Kirk is having another party tonight, hm?" I muse, nudging you with my foot. You're on the other end of the couch and very focused on reading something on your PADD. I nudge you again. You finally look up.

"Hm?"

"Did you catch any of that?"

You shake your head and I only roll my eyes a little bit, repeating my earlier question. You look like you're unsure if I'm annoyed at you for still being here or not.

"It eez peaceful here."

That doesn't quite answer my question and I throw another at you.

"Are we a couple?"

You look up at me quickly then back down to your PADD. I swear there's a blush creeping up your cheeks.

"I..."

"Are you going to try and tell me that you'll stay here days at a time, sleep beside me, kiss my neck in the middle of the night, but you don't have any sort of concrete answer for me?"