Spock

Due to the overwhelming popularity of the parrot in a previous Spock chapter - I present to you a sequel.

----------------

You had been pacing around the kitchen for a while now, and the parrot from the science lab you and Spock had basically adopted, was watching you. 

"Corn!" She yells, lifting her foot up and scratching her head.

"No corn, Marnie." 

"Corn!" She yells again, tilting her head and looking at you. 

"There's no corn left. You ate it all."

"Eat corn!" Marnie chirps happily waiting for her corn.

"Marnie. No corn," you mutter, sitting down. You were waiting for Spock to come home. You were expecting some news from McCoy, and if the results were positive, you would have a hard time telling him. You'd been together for almost three years and you had had a few discussions about getting married. 

Your phone starts buzzing and Marnie responds squawking loudly, talking in her bird language to your phone.

"This is it," you say quietly, looking at Marnie.

"Hello?"

"Hey," Bones answers. "You ready?"

"The suspense is killing me, please tell me."

"You're going to have a baby."

You breath out a large sigh. "So I'm pregnant?"

"Yeah," Bones says quietly. "You okay?"

"I'm fine but it's just telling Spock. You know, raising a quarter Vulcan child, how's this gonna work. If Spock doesn't want the kid he's just gonna straight up tell me. I don't think I can handle that."

"Spock can be a pointy eared bastard at the best of times, but I think he's going to love your child - his child, more than anything."

"Thank you Leo." 

You hang up and look at Marnie. 

"Brawwwkkk I'm pregnant," Marnie says loudly.

"Oh no. Oh no no no no this is bad."  

"Sqawwkkkkk I'm pregnant, pregnant. Quater Vulcan child. SQUAAAWWWKKK can't handle that."

You look hopelessly at the bird. "That's not what I said! You can't say that to him, he'll think I don't want the child because it's part Vulcan."

"BRAAAWWWK. How's this gonna work." 

Your eyes widen in shock and you bite your lip a little in frustration. 

"You can't say anything. Not even that I'm pregnant. Please, I'll give you all the corn you want."

"Corn," Marnie chirps happily.

You sigh and sit down, looking at Marnie and then at your stomach. You had enough troubles with Marnie, yet alone a child. The door starts unlocking from across the room and you look at your bird with a panicked look. You quickly throw a blanket over her cage, and smile at Spock, trying to look as unsuspicious as possible.

"Is everything alright?" Spock asks quietly, tilting his head a little. 

"Corn," Marnie squawks gently.

"Why is there a blanket over Marnie's cage?"

"CORN!" 

"I thought she was asleep but I guess she's awake and wants corn."

"I'm pregnant!" Marnie squawks loudly. 

Shit.

"Marnie is pregnant?" Spock asks. 

"Not that I know," you say, trying to act confused. 

Spock can tell that something's not right, adn you can tell that he can tell. Spock lifts the blanket of the cage and studies the bird. 

"Brawwkkkkkk!!" Marnie says loudly, looking up at Spock. "I'm pregnant!"

"Is she repeating something she has heard?"

"I think they said that on the television earlier," you quickly lie, digging through the cupboard for something to feed Marnie to keep her quiet. 

"Anyways how was your day? Didn't you have a meeting?"

"Yes, initially the-"

"SQUARRRWWWKKK! Telling Spock. Brawwkkk! Telling Spock. Quarter Vulcan child! I'm pregnant. Can't handle that!"

Spock looks at you and your mouth opens a little. 

"Are you..?"

You start to get a little teary and look away. This isn't how you wanted to tell him. You didn't even want to tell him yet, you'd only just found out yourself. 

"Is there something you are refraining from telling me?"

"Spock I'm so sorry, McCoy called just before and he got the test results back and-" 

You're in tears before you can finish and Spock takes your hands. 

"I am delighted to hear you are pregnant. Do you not think that you can handle a quarter Vulcan child?"

"No, no that's out of context. I said if you didn't want the child you'd tell me straight up, and I wouldn't be able to handle that."

Spock nods. "I would love my child regardless of circumstance."

"Corn!!"

You smile and wrap your arms around him. "I love you Spock."

It's something he has heard before but it make him smile a little anyway. Not that he'd admit it of course. 

---

I'm so low on ideas for one shots ha ha ha help

My bird is called Marnie (hence the name) and I've attached a picture of her. 

A bit of self advertising here but please check out my story Equinox because it's a lot better written, I've already written a good 10 - 12 chapters anyway (which I am uploading slowly) and it highlights the less popular characters. Sulu, Chekov, McCoy and Scotty are all valuable treasures who are never featured enough for my liking.  So yes please give that a read if you're keen for some juicy character/plot development.

Have a nice day/night 

- Lucky xx 

Thank you for 154K 8