🌈Chapter 42: Indecisive

~Beomgyu's P.O.V~

All of our friends had arrived at the hospital. Chaeryeong then insisted to take care of Ryujin for tonight so we all left. I took a bus and walked on my way home. I was still thinking about the arranged marriage. What shall I do? I really need help. As I stepped inside the house, I saw my parents watching t.v. in the living room. But where's Jeongin?

"How's Ryujin?" -Appa

"She's awake."

*Gasp*"That's great news!" -Eomma

"..."

*Sigh*"Son, we know that we made a huge mistake but, you can still talk to us..." -Eomma

"Eomma, how will I tell Ryujin about this? Can I just ran away from the wedding or something?? I don't wanna marry Minju!"

"We're still thinking of a way." -Eomma

"Where's Jeongin?"

"He went to see Minju." -Appa

"Tsk! Again..."

"You still haven't forgiven her?" -Appa

"Appa, that girl planned to make Ryujin suffer! Fine! Let's say she didn't wanna kill her, but she tried to hurt her!"

"I heard from Jeongin that she changed." -Eomma

"Don't believe him eomma. He's just trying to cover up his cousin."

"He looks like he's telling the truth..." -Appa

"Eomma, appa, which side are you really in? Cuz if you're at their side then I'm just going to sleep."

"Don't get mad Beomgyu, calm down." -Eomma

I just ignored my parents as I felt like they believe Jeongin more than me. If that guy just told me where his crazy cousin is then I wouldn't even hold a grudge on them. Jeongin finally went back home as I tried to avoid him by eating in the dining room.

"Bro..." -Jeongin

"Don't talk to me."

*Deep sigh* -Jeongin

He listened to me and went to his room. I'm still eating my dinner when my mom sat beside me trying to ease the burden I have. Well I mean, that's what mothers do.

"How's your relationship with Ryujin for the past year?" -Eomma

"I courted her for a year and only dated for a month."

"I see." -Eomma

"Eomma, did you know I made a promise to her when we met again at Jeju?"

"Really? What did you say??" -Eomma

"I promised that I'll make her mine again."

"Well you kept your promise!" -Eomma

"No eomma, I meant that I want her to be mine by marriage. I want us to get married. Like the surprise I made on our fifth anniversary."

"Oh that." -Eomma

"Eomma, what should I do? I understand what you did before is for my own good..."

"What do you mean?" -Eomma

"I don't wanna be an ungrateful man. But I also don't wanna break my promise."

"Beom, I know you. You're a person with integrity. You don't want to do both, but you have to choose." -Eomma

After that, she left me as I think this through. I finished eating my food and washed the dishes. I went back to my room and plopped myself on my bed. Still thinking what will happen and what am I gonna do. Why can't I just keep my promise you may ask? Well my parents asked for help to pay my hospital bills. The only way to repay Minju's parents is if I marry her.

If I don't, I'll be an ungrateful man. And I don't wanna be like that. I slapped myself hoping everything was just a dream, but it wasn't. I then felt something on my neck. I'm also wearing the necklace Ryujin has. *Sigh* Idk what to do anymore. I heard a voice from beside the room and I think it's Jeongin on his phone probably talking to Minju.

"I haven't told him where you're staying right now... Yes I know you didn't wanna kill Ryujin... I still don't know if she's awake..." -Jeongin

'She's awake now.'

"Stop crying cousin... If your sorry is really sincere then maybe she'll forgive you..." -Jeongin

'She's sorry? Did she really change??'

"Are you ready to see Beomgyu?... Oh ok, take up some more courage... I'll tell him when you're ready..." -Jeongin

'Until when will you hide Minju?'

"What?? Really??... Are you sure?... But it's your dream... I see..." -Jeongin

"What? What's going on?? What did she say???'

"Alright bye." -Jeongin

'Wait, that's it??'

After eavesdropping on their conversation, I lied down on my bed again. Well, I still have a couple of months to decide before the wedding. Before I went to sleep, my mother's words were the last thing I remembered.

"You have to choose." -Eomma