🌈Chapter 28: Overwork

(Short chapter ahead.)

~Beomgyu's P.O.V~

It's another day and this time, I need to go to work. I don't think my leg has completely healed from yesterday but I have no other choice. I need money and it might seem like I'm just making excuses to take a rest and I don't want my manager to think like that. I prepared myself and rode a taxi to the convenience store. I then greeted my manager inside.

"Goodmorning ma'am!"

"Goodmorning Beomgyu! Are you feeling well now?" -Manager

"Yes ma'am and I'm here to work."

"That's good to hear." -Manager

I went to my locker and changed my clothes. I then saw my workmate who's a girl changing her clothes too. She's probably the one who replaced me yesterday since Ryujin isn't working here anymore. She then went near me and said something, more like a request.

"Beomgyu, I'm sorry but I have to go later afternoon. Can you replace me for the day?" -Workmate

"Do I have someone with me later?"

"I'm sorry but you're alone..." -Workmate

"Oh ahh... Sure! This will be my payback for yesterday."

"Thanks Beom and I'm really sorry." -Workmate

"No no you don't have to, it's alright."

I did my work the whole morning. There were a lot of customers today, so a lot of money came in the cash register machine. That means, more salary for me! After a few more hours, it's afternoon. I'm supposed to go home but I have to replace my workmate for today. She's about to leave now but she was still fixing some boxes at the side of the store.

"Hey, I thought you need to go now?"

"I'll just finish these and I'll be going." -Workmate

"Want me to help you?"

"Yes, thank you." -Workmate

I helped her carry some boxes near our lockers. They were heavier than I thought. I felt my leg ache again but I didn't mind it and focused on these boxes. I need to do my job well. It was already the last box but it was also the heaviest from all of it that it made my legs give up.

"I'll take that box..." -Workmate

"No no, I'll do it. It's heavy."

"Are you sure?" -Workmate

"Yes I'm sure. You still need to go somewhere else right?"

"Thank you very much Beomgyu. I appreciate your help." -Workmate

"You're welcome."

I carried the last box and I felt like my legs are becoming weak. I'm almost at the place where we hid the boxes when my legs gave up and I fell down to the ground. The fragile objects inside the box I was carrying broke since I heard the sound beside me.

"AHH!!!"

"Beomgyu!" -Workmate

"Ugh! All the time!!"

"Give me your phone! I'll call your girlfriend." -Workmate

I showed her where my phone is as she contacted Ryujin. She then took her phone and called our manager next. I was still yelping in pain at the ground. Good thing there were no customers in sight. I felt weak and my vision went black.

"Beomgyu! Beomgyu wake up! Ryujin hurry!! He fainted!!" -Workmate

'I'm sorry Beomgyu...' -Workmate