🌈Chapter 38: Coma

~Beomgyu's P.O.V~ (End of year 2026)

It's been five months now and the end of the year 2026. Ryujin is still in a coma inside the hospital. It's also been months since I last saw Minju. Since the accident, she left the house and started hiding to who knows where. Only Jeongin knows but he wouldn't tell me. I'm now on my way to Ryujin's hospital room.

*Knock* *knock*

*Creak*"Oh oppa, you're here." -Yuna

"Hi Yuna, how's Ryujin?"

"Still unconscious." -Yuna

*Sigh*

I went inside and I saw all eight of our friends. Chaeryeong was sleeping and Yeonjun hyung was sitting at a chair, both beside Ryujin. Soobin hyung was just staring at her. Taehyun and Hueningkai were using their phones to entertain themselves for a while. Yeji noona and Lia noona are going to buy snacks.

"We'll leave you first. Me and Lia will buy snacks." -Yeji

"Ok noona."

They both left and I sat beside Soobin hyung still staring at Ryujin. Looks like he was spacing out for a long time.

"Hey hyung."

"Oh Beomgyu, didn't see you there." -Soobin

"Anything new?"

"None, she's still the same..." -Soobin

*Sigh*

"How're your parents?" -Soobin

"Still at the house with Jeongin."

"He's still staying at your place?" -Soobin

"Yeah, he doesn't wanna go back to Busan yet."

"What about Minju?" -Soobin

"Let's... Not talk about her."

"Do you believe that she didn't try to kill Ryujin?" -Soobin

"Hyung, that girl's crazy over me."

"Yeah but Yuna said she saw what happened and everything was an accident." -Soobin

"Whatever. It's still hard to forgive her."

Yeji and Lia noona came back. We ate the snacks they bought for us. It's already a long time, when will my Ryujin wake up? While I was just staring out of nowhere, I saw Chaeryeong and Yuna whispering something to her. I remembered the doctor said that she can hear things while in a coma.

*Whisper*"Ryujin, pls wake up. We've been worried about you for five months. Don't worry, that Minju girl got scared and ran away. She won't hurt you anymore." -Chaeryeong

*Whisper*"Yeah unnie, we wanna welcome the new year with you awake. Pls wake up." -Yuna

"Don't worry girls. Ryujin is strong. She'll wake up soon." -Yeonjun

"I hope so." -Chaeryeong

After a couple of hours, we went back to our own businesses. Some of them went back to work while some of them went home. I stayed at the hospital to take care of Ryujin.

"Hey Ryu, I'm not sure if you can hear me but, I'll still talk to you. You maybe wondering how's my day. Well, I'm still working at the convenience store. Yeji noona said that JYP was so worried about you. My parents are still staying at the house with Jeongin. Tsk, that guy really doesn't wanna go back to Busan. I still don't know what happened to Minju. But don't worry, I'm here to protect you. Do you know you're in a coma for five months now? Next month is the start of the year 2027. My Ryu, *sniffle* pls wake up."

I can't help it. My tears started flowing as I cried beside her. Why is this happening to us?? When we're together, something bad happens. Can't we just have a happily ever after? How long do we have to wait for that to come?? I called Hueningkai to come back here. I've been staying here for a week. It's his turn to take care of Ryujin. Once he arrived, I left the hospital and went home.

~Jeongin's Short P.O.V~

"What?"

"It's true." -Mr. Choi

"Is that the reason why you did it?"

"Yes but, we didn't know things will get messed up." -Mrs. Choi

"I'm sorry to hear that auntie."

Me and Beomgyu's parents were having a conversation. We heard some footsteps outside so I think that's Beomgyu. He went in and his sad expression turned into a confused look.

"Is there a problem?" -Beomgyu

"Bro, there's something we wanna tell you..."

Mrs. Choi took a deep breath and finally said the words. Everything is really messed up.

"You're arranged with Minju." -Mrs. Choi