Chapter 48- New Paths

Warnings: Short Chapter.

2023, Earth.

Destiny's POV:

"So when can we expect you back?" Valkyrie asked Thor.

"Um... about that..." Thor responded.

"Thor. You're being serious?" I questioned.

"It's time for me to be who I am rather than who I'm supposed to be. But you, Destiny, you're a leader. That's who you are." Thor explained.

Thor offered his hand, and I took it, and we did a quick farewell handshake.

"What will you do?" I asked him.

My brother hesitated a bit before he gave his genuine answer.

"I'm not sure. For the first time in a thousand years, I... I have no path. I do have a ride, though."

"Move it or lose it, hairbag!" Rocket yelled.

Thor looked at me again, and I wrapped my arms around him and embraced him in a light hug.

"I'll miss having you around, brother." I mumbled.

"I'll miss you too, sister." Thor replied.

We pulled away and Thor turned and walked towards the Benetar.

"If I find out from your new friends that you've gotten yourself killed, Thor, I swear-"

"I will be careful, sister! I promise!" Thor reassured me.

Once Thor boarded the Benetar with Rocket along with his other new companions, the spaceship took off. With that, I looked into the sky a sighed quietly.

"What about you, your Majesty?" Valkyrie asked me.

I paused for a bit, thinking about what I was going to do myself. It wasn't like I could do much, since I was Queen of New Asgard now.

"A long time ago, I told my father that I was a warrior, not a queen.." I said.

Valkyrie raised an eyebrow, confused.

"He told me that someday, I would rule Asgard as a strong and wise queen." I added.

We turned around a looked at New Asgard.

"I don't really think this is what he had in mind but here I am..." I commented.

"Your father was certainly right." Valkyrie remarked.

I smiled.

"If there is anything I have learned over the past thousand years, it's that you can't avoid who you're meant to be." I stated.

"Indeed." Valkyrie agreed.

We looked at New Asgard, at the people who were happily chatting away, and at the castle that I now lived in.

"Come on. Let's go." I said.

Valkyrie and I returned home and I re-entered the castle and made my way to the main balcony where I looked at the town again. The guards bowed as I passed them and made my way down to the throne room, where I sat down and embraced who I was;

Destiny, Daughter of Odin, Goddess of Life, Protector of the Nine Realms.

And Queen of New Asgard.

***

I walked through the hallways and entered the treasure vault, which was completely empty. I wasn't really sure why, I just felt like having a little trip to memory lane. It was strange seeing a the treasure vault so empty. I walked to one of the pedestals, and wiped a spec of dust off it.

"It's strange, isn't it? Seeing the vault so empty?" A voice asked.

I knew who's voice that was. No, there was no way. I had watched him get choked to death by Thanos five years before. I grabbed the empty ring on the pedestal, which would normally hold one of the treasures, and threw it towards the voice without turning my head, expecting to hear it crashing onto the ground. When I didn't hear the noise I expected, I finally turned my head and saw my brother, Loki, holding the ring I had thrown.

"L... Loki?" I questioned.

Loki smiled.

"Hello, sister." He said.

I approached my brother, whom I had thought to be dead. I lifted my hand to touch him when his hand suddenly caught mine. It didn't go through mine. It was real. He was real.

"How? I saw you die." I said.

Loki smirked. Of course he did. This was exactly what had happened last time. Without hesitating, I hugged Loki tightly, which he did the same thing.

"I have always been the God of Mischief, Destiny." He said.

I smiled, a single happy tear slipping down my face. When I finally let go of my brother, I passed him and went towards the exit, giving him and playful punch in the shoulder. He followed me through the hallways into the throne room where I sat back down, Loki standing right next to it.

A/N: I wouldn't put Loki and Destiny's happy reunion into another chapter (epilogue I guess) but then this chapter would've been awfully short...

A/N: Yeah the Loki and Destiny reunion isn't exactly the best thing ever but like— it's still Loki!!

A/N: I was also originally just going to have Destiny leave with Thor and the Guardians of the Galaxy but then I thought "no" and changed it.

A/N: Mkay that's it for this chapter as well as pretty much this story actually imma just say a few things in the next part so stick around for that (not that it's going to be that interesting but whatever) peace out bye!

A/N 03/22/2023: All I have to do now is edit the bonus chapter and then boom! This story is done being edited! Woo!