Chapter 28- Tournament

Warnings: None.

2017, Sakaar.

No one's POV:

"Making his first appearance, though he looks quite promising, got a couple of tricks up his sleeve. I'll say no more, see what you think. Ladies and gentlemen... I give to you... Lord of Thunder." The Grandmaster announced.

Just like that, Thor entered the arena, wearing a bunch of gladiator gear and carrying several weapons. The most obvious thing, was that his head was shaved and his beard was cut.

"Watch out for his fingers. They make sparks." The Grandmaster mocked again.

Down in the arena, Thor put his helmet on, ready for the fight ahead of him. As much as Destiny was anxious, she was also a bit excited to see how this would play out.

"Okay, this is it. Let's get ready to welcome this guy. Here he comes. He is a creature. What can we say about him? Well, he's unique. There's none like him. I feel a special connection with him. He's undefeated. HE'S THE REIGNING...HE'S THE DEFENDING... Ladies and gentlemen... I give you..." The Grandmaster continued.

Before the Grandmaster could finish, the Incredible Hulk himself burst through the door. Destiny stared down at the 'champion', completely shocked, and glanced towards Thor.

"YES!!" The God of Thunder shouted excitedly.

The crowd went silent, not expecting such an excited reaction. Destiny looked in Loki's direction and saw that his face was white and he himself looked terrified.

"I have to get off this planet." He muttered.

He turned to exit but the Grandmaster stopped him.

"Hey, hey, hey, where are you going?"

The Grandmaster plopped Loki back in the chair, next to Destiny and the Goddess could see her brother hiding his face in his hands.

"Hey! We know each other! He's a friend from work!" Thor shouted happily before turning to the Hulk. "Where have you been? Everybody  thought you were dead. So much has happened since I last saw you. I lost my hammer. Like, yesterday, so that's still pretty fresh."

He pointed to Loki and Destiny, up in the VIP seats.

"Loki! Loki's alive. Can you believe it? He's up there. So is Destiny!" He said before looking straight at them and waving. "Loki! Destiny! Look who it is!"

Loki sat there looking completely petrified while Destiny smiled and waved back at the Hulk.

"Banner, I never thought I would say this, but I'm happy to see you." Thor said, turning back to the Hulk.

The whole crowd began chanting 'Hulk' over and over again, cheering him on.

"Banner! Hey Banner!" Thor exclaimed.

"NO BANNER! ONLY HULK!!" The Hulk exclaimed.

Before Thor could react, the Hulk lunged at him and began swinging his weapons at him. Thor managed to dodge the first few attacks coming his way when suddenly, the Hulk got a hit on him, sending him flying straight across the arena. Destiny let out a quiet gasp as she saw this unfold. The two engaged in battle once more before the Hulk kicked Thor, slamming him into the wall.

"Here we go." The Grandmaster said.

Thor dodged the Hulk's warhammer, which got stuck in the wall because of the amount of force that he used. The Hulk proceeded to charge in Thor's direction, and the God moved out of the way and grabbed the warhammer from the wall, successfully walloping the Hulk with it and sending the Hulk flying across the arena.