Chapter 24- Coming Home

Warnings: None.

2017, Asgard.

Destiny's POV:

Thor and I soared through the Bifrost and eventually ended up back in the observatory. The dragon's head, which had been ripped off the rest of its body when the Bifrost showed up, crashed through as well, sending blood and guts all over the observatory. Thor stood up and pulled me up as I glanced around the observatory and watched two Asgardian women run out, shrieking, and covered in the aforementioned blood and guts. We turned to who we thought was Heimdall, but it was not. In fact, neither Thor, nor I had ever seen him before.

"Girls!" The man called out, still wiping blood off of himself, before turning to us. "Well well, look who decided to pop in. Thanks for scaring away my company and drenching my workplace in brains."

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Don't you remember? I'm Skurge." The man answered.

Thor and I looked at each other, confused.

"We fought together on Vanaheim." Skurge quickly added.

"Right..." I muttered.

"Where's Heimdall?" Thor asked.

"That traitor. No one knows. He's a fugitive of the throne." Skurge answered.

I only got one thing out of that answer, and it puzzled me.

"Traitor?" I repeated Skurge's words.

"Yeah, you see, Odin charged Heimdall for negligence of duty, but he disappeared before the trial. Kinda hard to catch someone who can see the entire universe." Skurge explained.

Thor and I glanced at each other again. We both were thinking the same thing; this did not sound right. We turned to the exit when Skurge stood in front of us.

"Sure." I muttered while rolling my eyes.

"Wait, I'm supposed to announce your arrival." Skurge stated.

We ignored him and took off, flying down the rainbow bridge to find our father. As we landed, we noticed the large statue of our brother Loki, complete with the horns on his helmet.

"What is that?" Thor quietly asked.

"Something definitely isn't right." I said.

We made our way through the small crowds until we stopped at what looked like a theatre, where a play was being put on. Though it wasn't any ordinary play, it was a play that seemed to be trying to reenact the events of Loki's death that occurred 4 years before. Thor and I stared in shock and we knew that something was definitely off. Once the play was over, our father stood up and everyone gave a round of applause.

"Bravo! Well done! Bravo! Bravo!" He exclaimed.

Thor and I took and few steps forward and turned to our father.

"Father?" Thor called out.

Upon noticing us standing there, our father muttered something I did not hear before announcing our arrival.

"My son Thor and my daughter Destiny have returned! Greetings, my children!"

"That's an interesting play. What's it called?" I asked.

"The Tragedy of Loki of Asgard. The people wanted to commemorate him." Our father stated.

"Indeed they should." I said.

"I like that statue. A lot better looking than he was when he was alive, though. Maybe a little less weasely, maybe less greasy." Thor commented.

I noticed our father making a sour face and hiding any agitation. Something was definitely wrong. Thor grabbed the skull and held it up.

"You know what this is?" He asked our father.

"The skull of Surtur? It is a formidable weapon." Our father answered.

Thor handed me the skull and I turned to some of the guards.

"Do us a favour. Lock this in a vault so it doesn't turn into a giant monster and destroy the whole planet." I ordered as I handed them the skull.

When the guards walked away, Thor and I got a little closer to our father.

"So it's back to Midgard for you, is it?" He asked us.

"Nope. We've been having this reoccurring dream lately." Thor said.

"Every night, we see Asgard fall into ruins." I went on.

"It's just a silly dream. Signs of an overactive imagination." Our father replied.

"Possibly... but then we decide to go out there and investigate. And what do we find, but the nine realms in complete chaos. Enemies of Asgard assembling, plotting our demise, all while you, Odin, protector of those nine realms, are sitting here in your bathrobe eating grapes." I ranted.

"Well, it is best to respect our neighbours' freedom." Our father stated.

I knew exactly that something was not right, and I now knew exactly why.

"Of course, the freedom to be massacred." Thor sarcastically replied.

"Yes, besides, I have been rather busy myself." Odin added.

"Watching theatre." I scoffed.

"Board meetings and security council meetings." Our father corrected me.

"You're really going to make him do it?" I asked.

"Do what? And who?" Our father asked me.

Thor spun Mjolnir before hurling it into the distance and grabbing our father by the back of the neck. Several guards approached Thor as I tapped my staff to the ground, making them stop and back away.

"You know that nothing will stop Mjolnir as it returns to my hand." Thor stated as the hammer began rocketing back towards him. "Not even your face."

"You have both gone mad. You will be executed for this." Our father threatened as I also approached him on his right.

"Then we'll see you on the other side..." I said.

I leaned a little closer to Odin as he stood there worriedly.

"Brother..." I added.

As Thor and I predicted, the illusion of Odin lifted revealing none other than Loki.

"Alright, I yield!" He shouted.

Thor let go of him and he ran out of the way as Thor caught his hammer. Loki turned to us with his hands up defensively, when Skurge suddenly showed up.

"Behold! Thor... and Destiny..."

Before he could finish his announcement, Loki snapped his finger and turned to the man who was still covered in green goop from before.

"You had one job. Just the one!" Loki said.

"Where's Odin?" Thor asked.

"You two just couldn't stay away, could you? Everything was fine without you. Asgard was prospering..." Loki said before pointing to the crowd.

"You've ruined everything. Ask them." Our brother added.

I approached Loki, who backed away onto the chair.

"Where's father?!" I repeated Thor's question. "Did you kill him?!"

"You both had what you wanted; you both had the independence you asked for." Loki said angrily.

Thor approached Loki and pressed his hammer against his chest.

"Ow, ow, ow! Alright! I know exactly where he is!" Loki exclaimed.

I dragged him back on his feet.

"You better." I said under my breath as me and Thor dragged Loki to the observatory to find our father, for real.

A/N: Alrighty, another chapter finished! Yay! Hope you like it and I don't have much to say about this chapter so stick around for more! Bye bye!

A/N 03/17/2023: Nothing much to this chapter just a few word changes here and there.