Bonus Chapter: Nat's Funeral

2023, New Asgard.

Destiny's POV:

At the top of the hill where Thor and I had stood before he had left with the Guardians of the Galaxy, I sat in front of a makeshift grave I had left near the town.

"If only there was another way..." I mumbled, still saddened by the fact that we had lost her.

I looked up towards the makeshift gravestone with the words "Natasha Romanoff" written on it and sighed.

"She seems like she was a great person. It's a shame we never met." Valkyrie spoke from behind me.

I nodded in agreement.

"She was a very close friend of mine." I simply said. "A friend from work..."

I paused, staring at the grave. I missed her dearly. I won't lie, we all did. If only there had been another way to get those stones without it costing her life... or without costing Stark's life.

I still remembered when it was just seven of the Avengers. It was so long ago. Sadness began to wash over me again as I felt tears in my eyes and I gripped my staff tightly.

"If you would like, your Majesty, I could leave you be?" Valkyrie offered.

"Yes, please. I will return soon enough." I nodded.

Valkyrie turned around and left, and I just stared at the grave. I glanced around the hill for a flower to place down, but found none. I sighed and stood up, prepared to look around to go find one, and wiping my tear filled eyes. I turned around, only to face Loki, who already had one in his hand. He handed it to me and I placed it down on Natasha's grave.

"Thank you, Loki." I smiled.

Loki smiled back and hugged me. I hugged him back, and after some time, made my way back to the castle, glancing back at the lone grave on the hill.

And while it wasn't much of a funeral compared to Stark's, it was better than nothing.

A/N: So... earlier somebody commented asking if I could make it so this story has Natasha's funeral... and although I finished this story several months ago, you ask and I deliver. It might not be overly great but I think it's better than nothing, I guess. So here's a quick bonus chapter for Natasha's funeral.

A/N: ...holy frickin Thor and Loki this story really blew up didn't it. As I'm writing this, this story is almost at 50k reads!! That's insane! Thank you guys so much! Y'all are amazing!

A/N: Once again, that's it for me. Peace out guys!

A/N 03/22/2023: And there were no edits required for this chapter! With that, A Warrior of Life is done editing!