Chapter 42- The Garden

Warnings: None.

2018, Earth.

Destiny's POV:

Those of us who remained after the decimation that happened in Wakanda returned to the Avengers Compound. Days went by, and Thor did not say a word to anyone nor even look up. He was not happy with the results of that battle and I knew that he blamed himself for all the devastation. I figured I would talk to him when we got to the facility and remained quiet. And as for the rest of the Avengers, they were all relatively quiet as well. When Thor sat down, I approached him and sat next to him. He turned to me for a moment, but then turned away without saying anything to me.

"Thor..." I began.

All of a sudden, Steve, Natasha, Bruce and Rhodey, Rocket and Pepper Potts suddenly rushed outside. I remained there next to Thor, and we remained silent for a few more seconds before I spoke again.

"It wasn't your fault, brother." I said.

Thor turned his head slightly, still remaining silent, before turning back forward, not a word coming out of his mouth.

"I could have reacted a little quicker. Don't blame it all on yourself." I continued.

Everyone came back into the compound before either of us could react (not that Thor would have said anything either way), entering with a very injured Stark, a blue woman with robot parts all over her body and face and a blonde woman who I had never seen before. The others hooked Stark to a few machine and loaded some holograms regarding the decimation.

"It's been 23 days since Thanos came to Earth." Rhodey started off.

"World governments are in pieces. The parts that are still working are trying to take a census. And it looks like he did... he did exactly what he said he was gonna do. Thanos wiped out fifty percent, of all living creatures." Natasha continued.

"Where is he now? Where?" Stark asked.

"We don't know. He just opened a portal and walked through." Steve explained.

"What's wrong with him?" Stark questioned as he noticed Thor's expression and position.

"Oh, he's pissed. He thinks he failed. Which of course they did, but you know there's a lot of that's going around, ain't there?" Rocket explained.

I gave him a bit of a glare after he had said that last bit.

"Honestly, until this exact second, I thought you were a Build-A-Bear." Stark commented, pointing at Rocket.

"Maybe I am." Rocket replied.

"We've been hunting Thanos for three weeks now. Deep Space scans, and satellites, and we got nothing." Steve continued. "Tony, you fought him."

"Who told you that?" Stark questioned. "I didn't fight him. No, he wiped my face with a planet while the Bleecker Street Magician gave away the stone. That's what happened. There was no fight."

"Okay." Steve said.

"He's unbeatable." Stark went on.

"Did he give you any clues, any coordinates, anything?" Steve asked.

"I saw this coming a few years back. I had a vision. I didn't wanna believe it. Thought I was dreaming."

"Tony, I'm gonna need you to focus." Steve demanded.

"And I needed you. As in past tense. That trumps what you need. It's too late buddy. Sorry. You know what I need?" Stark countered before standing up from the seat he was in, shoving a few things off the table. "I need to shave. And I believe I remember telling all you..."