Chapter 1- Asgard's New King

Asgard.

Destiny's POV:

Today was the day of my brother Thor's coronation; the day he would become king of Asgard. In my large bedroom, I picked out this teal dress with a grey ribbon of fabric around the waist, and put it on. My mother came in to do my hair, as I stared in the mirror at my fancy dress.

"How do I look, Mother?" I asked, turning to my mother after she finished.

"You look like a queen." She answered, a smile widened on her face.

"Oh stop it. This is Thor's day. Not mine." I chuckled.

"It was supposed to be you a long time ago." My mother reminded me.

"I know... but I'm not a queen Mother. I'm a warrior." I said.

She smiled. At that moment, the celebration horns went off, meaning that the ceremony was about to begin. I scurried to the throne room, leaving my staff close by in case I needed it.

***

No one's POV:

The Warriors Three walked towards the throne room for the celebration along with Lady Sif.

"I hope this goes quickly. I'm famished." Volstagg commented.

"Nooo!" Fandral exclaimed in disbelief.

"Are you attached to the pretty face of yours? Because one more word and you won't be." Volstagg threatened.

"My, we are hungry aren't we?" Fandral commented jokingly.

Everyone began to laugh except for Hogun.

"Go on Hogun. Smile. Even you, Hogun the Grim could do it. Just once." Fandral begged.

Hogun stared at Fandral.

"All right, half smile. Look, forget the smile, just show you teeth." Fandral continued to beg.

"Fandral, is it true the famous Warriors Three are ready to meet any challenge?" Lady Sif cut it.

"Name it Lady Sif." Fandral replied.

"Keep your mouth shut." Sif demanded.

"I wish to allow you to talk a little more." Destiny commented as she walked into the room.

"Ah, Destiny. How are you doing on this fine night?" Fandral asked.

Destiny chuckled, moving her head down and shaking it.

"Very well. And you?" Destiny replied.

"Very well your highness." The dashing warrior joked as he bowed down in front of the goddess.

"You know the day I become queen of Asgard will not arrive anytime soon." Destiny reminded her friends.

The five warriors stood among the crowd in the throne room as Frigga and Loki emerged from the halls. Destiny and Loki took their places as Frigga stood next to Odin. After some time however, Thor still hadn't shown up. Odin turned to his daughter and son, who both shrugged unsure of where he was.

"Where is he?" Volstagg asked.

"He said he'd be along." Loki answered.

Lady Sif and Destiny turned to each other, realizing what was going on. Destiny looked down and shook her head in disapproval.

"What?" Volstagg asked her.

"He wants to make an entrance." Lady Sif said before Destiny could answer.

"He always does this." Destiny muttered.

"Well if he doesn't show up soon, he shouldn't bother. Odin looks like he's ready to feed him to his ravens." Fandral commented.

"I wouldn't worry. Father will forgive him. He always does." Loki said.

"I'm not so sure Father would forgive Thor for not showing up for his own ceremony, Loki." Destiny said.

"Well he has certainly forgiven you for refusing to become queen." Loki scoffed.

Destiny rolled her eyes and turned back to the Warriors Three and Sif. Suddenly, from the stairs at the other end of the room, Mjölnir came shooting up along with Thor, who made his grand entrance and sent the crowd going wild.

"Oh please." Sif muttered.

"He's so overdramatic." Destiny added.

Thor finally approached the throne and kneeled before Odin and Frigga. Odin proceeded to strike Gungnir to the ground, creating a loud boom.

"Gungnir. Its aim is true, its power strong. With it I have defended Asgard and the lives of the innocent across the Nine Realms since the time of the Great Beginning. And though the day has come for a new king to wield his own weapon. That duty remains the same." He began. "Thor Odinson, my heir, my second born.

Thor turned towards his older sister and smiled. Destiny smiled as well before her brother turned back to the throne.

"So long entrusted with this mighty hammer, Mjolnir. Forged in the heart of a dying star, from the sacred metal of Uru. Only one may lift it. Only one is worthy. Who wields this hammer commands the lightning and the storm. Its power has no equal; as a weapon, to destroy, or as a tool, to build. It is a fit companion for a king." Odin continued. "Today I entrust you with the greatest honor in all the Nine Realms. The sacred throne of Asgard. I have sacrificed much to achieve peace. So, too, must a new generation sacrifice to maintain that peace. Responsibility, duty, honor. These are not merely virtues to which we must aspire. They are essential to every soldier and to every king and queen."

Odin turned to Destiny, then back to Thor.

"Odinson, do you swear to guard the nine realms?" He asked.

"I swear." Thor stated.

"Do you swear to preserve the peace?" Odin asked his son.

"I swear." Thor stated again.

"Do you swear to cast aside all selfish ambition and pledge yourself only to the good of all the realms?" Odin asked once more.

"I swear." Thor stated a third time.

"Then on this day, I, Odin Allfather proclaim you..."

Odin did not finish his sentence. Destiny looked around and noticed ice creeping along the banner on the walls and a sudden chill ran across her body. She then realized what was wrong, and her father seemed to have noticed it as well.

"Frost Giants..." Odin muttered.

A/N: I'm gonna try something new and write the majority of this story in no one's POV. This is ought to be fun.

A/N: Hope you will enjoy this story so stick around for more. Bye bye.

A/N 12/28/2022: I can't believe I started this story two years ago. Anyways I didn't change much in this chapter, just a bit of better punctuation and that one grammatical error between "piece" and "peace" that I failed to notice the first time.