Chapter 8- Loki's Escape

2012, Earth.

Destiny's POV:

Thor and I remained in the room with this group of mortals as their conversation continued.

"Also, it means the portal can open as wide and stay open as long as Loki wants." Tony stated as he turned to the people flying the large ship. "Uh, raise the mid mast, ship the top sails."

He suddenly stopped himself as he glanced at one worker.

"That man is playing Galaga. Thought we wouldn't notice, but we did."

"Does Loki need any particular kind of power source?" Steve asked everyone.

"The Tesseract. He definitely needs that to open the portal." I said.

"He's got to heat the cube to a hundred and twenty million Kelvin just to break through the Coulomb Barrier." Bruce added.

"Unless Selvig has figured out how to stabilize the quantum tunnelling effect." Tony commented.

"Well, if he could do that he could achieve Heavy Ion Fusion at any reactor on the planet." Bruce said.

"Finally, someone who speaks English." Tony said happily.

"Is that what just happened?" Steve asked.

I rolled my eyes at Tony's arrogance. After all, I just wanted to get the Tesseract and bring Loki home.

"Dr Banner is only here to track down the Tesseract. I was hoping you might join him." Nick Fury, director of SHIELD, and the one who brought me and Thor onto this vehicle, informed Tony.

"Let's start with that stick of his. It might be magical but it works a lot like a HYDRA weapon." Steve ordered.

"HYDRA? I don't know what that is." I said, though no one listened to me.

"I don't know about that, but it is powered by the cube. And I'd like to know how Loki used it to turn two of the sharpest men I know into his personal flying monkeys." Fury demanded.

"Monkeys? I do not understand." Thor said.

"Me neither." I added.

"I do." Steve said proudly. "I understood that reference."

Tony rolled his eyes before turning to Bruce again.

"Shall we play doctor?" He asked.

"Let's play some." Bruce answered before the scientists left the room.

Slowly but surely, everyone left and I went into the room that contained Loki's cell. My imprisoned brother turned to me upon hearing me come in and I leaned against the wall, glaring at him.

"Where is the Tesseract brother?" I asked him.

My brother didn't answer me.

"Loki, where is the Tesseract?" I repeated.

"I told you already. I do not know where it is." Loki answered.

"Well then what is it?" I asked. "If you want it so bad you must certainly know what it is."

Once again, Loki remained silent.

"Would you answer me for once?!" I asked angrily.

Loki still said absolutely nothing. With a long sigh, I made my way back to the main room of the vehicle, catching Thor and Coulson mid conversation.

"When I first came to Earth, Loki's rage followed me and your people paid. And now again. In my youth, I courted war." My brother said.

"War hasn't started yet." Fury suddenly stated.