Chapter 11- Peace

2013, Vanaheim.

Destiny's POV:

I, along with Sif and the Warriors Three, travelled to Vanaheim to ensure peace in the Nine Realms. There had been a lot more need of that after the Bifrost had been destroyed two years ago. Sif and I fearlessly took on many Kronan soldiers, and as we kept fighting, a large beam of light suddenly slammed the ground, and none other than Mjolnir came flying out, as Thor emerged from the Bifrost.

"Brother, we had it under control!" I exclaimed.

Thor looked around.

"Is that why everything is on fire?" He asked.

Sif lifted her shield, blocking an incoming arrow from piercing my brother.

"You're welcome." She said, turning to him.

A massive Kronan suddenly showed up.

"All yours." Sif said, backing away.

Thor turned to me.

"Do you want it or do you want me to handle it?" I asked.

My brother walked forward, easily answering my question.

"Hello." He said as the Kronan growled. "I accept your surrender."

The soldiers laughed mockingly and I myself had to hold back a laugh at my brother's attempt at comedy. Until Thor suddenly swung his hammer and crushed the Kronan's head.

"Anyone else?" He asked.

I chuckled as the rest of the soldiers dropped their weapons and surrendered. Thor walked back to me.

"How was that?" He asked me cockily.

"Please, I could have done that way better." I replied, smiling.

"Princess, what do you want us to do with them?" A guard asked me.

I thought for a moment.

"Take them to the dungeons of Asgard." I ordered.

The guard nodded before returning to the group of soon-to-be prisoners.

"You know, you would make a great queen." Thor commented.

"I really wouldn't. I can lead armies of guards and warriors, but not an entire kingdom." I replied.

Thor smiled.

"I should probably go with the guards, make sure none of those soldiers escape once on Asgard." I informed my brother before walking off.

I made my way to the front line of guards and enemy soldiers before looking up at the sky.

"Heimdall, open the Bifrost!" I exclaimed.

Soon enough, the Bifrost came crashing down and I along with the guards and enemy soldiers ended up on Asgard. I led the guards along the rainbow bridge and successfully brought every last soldier down to the dungeon. It was only a few minutes later that Thor and the rest of the warriors eventually returned. The two of us found our father in the courtyard while other soldiers were training.

"Is Vanaheim secure?" He asked us.

"As are Nornheim and Ria." I answered.

"Though it would have been much easier with you on the fore." Thor muttered.

"You must think I'm a piece of bread that need to be buttered." My father laughed.

"That was not my intent." My brother said.

"For the first time since the Bifrost was destroyed, the nine realms are at peace. They're well reminded of our strength and you have both earned their respect and my gratitude." My father lectured.

"Thank you, Father." I said.

"Nothing out of order except your confused, distracted heart and your place on the throne." He added.

"This isn't about Jane Foster, Father." Thor was quick to decline.

"Human lives are fleeting, they are nothing. You'd be better served by what lies in front of you. I'm telling you this not as the Allfather but as your father. You are ready. The time has come for you to take the throne. Embrace and celebrate what you've won. Join your warriors. Eat and drink, revel in their celebration. At least pretend to enjoy yourself."

My father turned to me.

"The day you lead this kingdom must come at some point. You already do a well-enough job at leading the guards and the warriors into battle. You, Destiny, you are fit to be Asgard's queen."

"I understand Father, but... I still don't believe that it is my time." I replied.

"Your time will come for you to embrace the throne." My father said before leaving the scene.

***

I was really not feeling the celebration happening tonight, as I stood on the balcony with Sif, taking small sips of my drink at a time.

"The Allfather may be right. Your time as queen will surely arrive soon." Sif said.

"I know... but right now I like simply the joy of leading armies of warriors, rather than entire kingdoms." I reminded my friend.

Sif shrugged.

"I'm sure you would make a great leader of Asgard." She stated.

I smiled, before my brother walked up to us.

"There was a time you would celebrate for weeks." Sif said to him.

"I remember you celebrated the battle of Haragon so much you nearly started a second." Thor retorted.

"I actually remember that as well." I chimed in.

"Well, the first one was so much fun." Sif said.

"Indeed it was." I replied.

We all smiled.

"Brother, take a drink with us. I'm sure Father could have no further task for you tonight." I said.

"No, this one I set for myself sister." Thor declined.

"It does not go unnoticed that you disappear each night. There are nine realms. The future king..." Sif began before turning to me. "...or queen of Asgard must focus on more than one." She finished.

"Thank you for you word and your counsel, Lady Sif." Thor said before walking away.

"I might go as well... I'm a little bit tired." I told my friend.

"Well, goodnight Princess. See you tomorrow." Sif said.

With that, I left and went to my bedroom. I felt a little bad for ditching Sif like that but I was a also little bit tired and was not really enjoying the celebration. I looked out my window to get a good look of Asgard before morning when something caught my eye: The Bifrost. The Bifrost has been opened, possibly for Thor. Curious, I opened my window, grabbed my staff, and flew all the way to the observatory, to ask Heimdall what had just happened.

A/N: To be honest, Destiny would probably make a great queen if she gave it a try.

A/N: Stick around for the next chapter, hope you enjoyed this one, peace out. Bye!

A/N 02/22/2023: Forgot to make a note so you may get a notification that this chapter was published twice oops