Chapter 44- Back in Time

Warnings: None.

2013, Asgard.

Destiny's POV:

Upon our arrival, we realized we were in Asgard's dungeons. We crept past every cell carefully, even passing Loki's cell in the process and eventually finding ourselves in the main hallway, where we were able to spot past-Jane inside of another room.

"That's Jane." Thor said to Rocket.

"All right. Here's the deal, Tubby: You're gonna charm her and I'm gonna poke her with this thing, and extract the Reality Stone and get gone while she makes sure that we don't get caught, lickety-split." Rocket explained while holding up a device that he planned on using.

"I'll be right back, okay? There's a wine cellar, that's just down there. My father used to fish huge barrel of ale." Thor said as he prepared to run off. "I'll see if the cellar has a couple of..."

"You're not going anywhere, Thor." I cut him off, grabbing him by the arm and preventing him from running off.

"Aren't you drunk enough already?" Rocket asked.

Before Thor could answer, we heard a door open and quickly ran off to hide. From our hiding place, we saw three women walk through the hallway, one of them being our mother.

"Who's the fancy broad?" Rocket questioned.

"It's our mother. She dies today." Thor said.

"Oh. That's today?" Rocket replied.

I nodded.

"I can't do this. I can't do this. I shouldn't be here. I shouldn't have come.This was a bad idea." Thor began rambling anxiously.

"Come here." Rocket said, standing in front of him.

"Thor, it's okay." I tried to reassure him.

"No, no, no. I think I'm having...I'm having a panic attack. I shouldn't be here...this is...this is a bad..." Thor continued.

"Thor..." I said.

"Come here. Right here." Rocket cut me off before slapping Thor in the face.

I quietly facepalmed next to the two.

"You think you're the only one who lost people? What do you think we're doing here? I lost the only family I ever had. Quill, Groot, Drax, the chick with the antenna, all gone. Now, I get you miss your Mom. But she's gone. Really gone. And there are plenty of people who are only kinda gone. But you can help them." Rocket lectured. "So is it too much to ask that you brush the crumbs outta your beard, make schmoopy talk to Pretty Pants, and when she's not looking, suck out the Infinity Stone and help me get my family back?"

"Okay." Thor whispered.

"Are you crying?" Rocket questioned.

"No..." Thor said. "Yes."

I put my hand on Thor's shoulder and turned him to me.

"Get it together! You can do this. You can do this. All right?" I reassured him, smiling.

"Yes I can." Thor said.

"Good." I replied before pulling him into a brief hug before quickly pulling away to get the stone as planned.

We ran behind another pillar and waited until Jane was alone.

"Alright, Heartbreaker. She's alone. This is our shot." Rocket said as we turned to Thor, who had disappeared. "Thor? Thor! Aaagh!!!"

"I should go find him before he gets caught..." I told Rocket.

"Do that. I can handle it." Rocket mumbled, still frustrated.

I ran off, not too quick as to not be spotted, but quick enough that I was not walking.

"Thor?!" I whisper-shouted.

I looked around the room, hoping to spot my brother, which honestly shouldn't have been that difficult.

"Seriously, Thor, you are going to be the death of me someday." I muttered as I continued speed-walking through the hallways.

When I went around one of the pillars, I finally saw Thor, talking to our mother.

"Mother?" I said, without really thinking.

Frigga turned to me, as did Thor. My mother looked at me and smiled.

"Destiny, you look just like a queen." She remarked.

"Yeah.." I said, before hugging her tightly. "Because I am." I mumbled.

"Thor! Destiny! I got it!" Rocket yelled from down the hallway.

I looked at Thor, who looked at me.

"Ma, we have to tell you something." I said.

"No, you don't. You're here to repair your future, not mine." Our mother replied.

"But this is about your future." Thor insisted.

"It's none of my business." Our mother also insisted.

"Hey. You must be mom." Rocket remarked. "I got the thing. Come on, we got to move."

"I wish we had more time." I said.

"No. This was a gift." My mother stated.

She turned to my brother.

"And you're going to be the man you're meant to be."

I wasn't sure what the two had discussed right before I showed up but I wasn't going to question it at the time.

"I love you, mom." Thor said.

"I love you." Frigga said. "And eat a salad."

"Come on. We gotta go." Rocket stated.

"Goodbye." Frigga whispered.

"Three..." Rocket counted down. "Two.."

"No, wait!" Thor interrupted him, sticking his hand out.

"Thor, really?" I questioned, knowing exactly what he was doing."We don't have time for this."

"What am I looking at?" Rocket asked my mother, confused.

"Oh, sometimes it takes a second." Frigga explained.

In an instant, Mjölnir came flying straight into Thor's hand. Thor stared at his old weapon with a smile on his face.

"I'm still worthy." He mumbled.

"Oh boy." Rocket muttered.

"Alright, now can we go?" I asked my brother, who nodded as an answer.

"Goodbye, mom." He then said to our mother one last time.

"Goodbye." She whispered once more.

Our time travel suits came on as we got ready to return to the future, shrinking down into the quantum realm and appearing back in the Avengers Compound in the year of 2023.

"Did we get them all?" Bruce asked.

I looked around and saw everyone standing up seemingly happy at the fact that we had all of the stones. Everyone except one person.

"Are you telling me this actually worked?" Rhodey added.

As I glanced over in Clint's direction, I noticed the upset and distraught look on his face.

"Clint, where's Nat?" Bruce asked.

He did not say anything but we all knew what had happened and where Natasha was. We all knew that she hadn't made it back alive.

She was gone.

A/N: It's honestly like 1:30 am as I am finishing this chapter but like I literally can't fall asleep..

A/N: 4K reads guys. 4K FRICKING READS!! WHAT?! I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO REACT!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

A/N: I should probably get some sleep especially if I'm planning to update this story at some point tomorrow but I hope you enjoyed and stick around. Peace!

A/N 03/21/2023: I didn't edit this chapter too much.