Chapter 23- Surtur

Warnings: None.

2017, Unknown Location.

Destiny's POV:

"Now we know what you're thinking. 'Oh no. Thor and Destiny are in a cage. How did this happen?'. Well, sometimes you need to get captured to get a straight answer out of someone." Thor said as he and I were tied up in chains and locked in a cage.

"It's a long story but basically, we're kind of heroes. See, we spent some time on Earth, fought some robots, saved the planet a couple times. Then, we both went searching the cosmos for some colourful infinity stone things... didn't find any." I explained.

"That's when we came across a path of death and destruction which led us all the way here into this cage... where we met you." Thor finished.

There was a dead silence as we were really just talking to a dead skeleton.

"This is dumb." I muttered.

Thor turned his head to me, then back to the skeleton, then back again to me.

"How much longer do you think we'll be here?" He asked me.

I shrugged, not knowing the answer to that question, when we began to hear noises, like metal gears turning. Suddenly, the bottom of the cage opened up and Thor and I dropped down quickly, before abruptly stopping and dangling above the ground. As our chains spun around, sitting on his throne was Surtur. I had thought that our father had killed him so long ago.

"Thor and Destiny, son and daughter of Odin." The beast stated.

"Surtur... son... of a bitch. You're still alive. I thought our father killed you millions of years ago." I replied.

"I cannot die. Not until I have fulfilled my destiny and lay waste on your home." Surtur said.

"You know, it's funny you should mention that because we've been having these terrible dreams lately. Asgard up in flames, falling to ruins, and you Surtur are at the Center of all of it." Thor commented.

"Then you have seen Ragnarok. The fall of Asgard. The great prophecy..."

"Hang on. Hang on." Thor interrupted.

Thor's chain was spinning around slowly.

"I'll be back around shortly. I really feel like we were connecting there." Thor added.

I couldn't help but chuckle.

"Okay, so, Ragnarok. Tell us about that. Walk us through it." Thor agonized when he came back around.

Surtur, annoyed, went back to explaining.

"My time has come. When my crown is reunited with the Eternal Flame, I shall be restored to my full might. I will tower over the mountains a bury my sword deep in Asgard's..."

"Hold up, just a sec." I interrupted as my chain started spinning around slowly. "I swear, we're not even moving. It's just doing this on its own. We're really sorry."

My chain finally spun back around to face Surtur, who was looking at us very angrily.

"Okay, let me get this straight. You're going to put your crown into the Eternal Flame, and then you'll suddenly grow as big as a house..."

"A mountain!!" Surtur exclaimed.

"The Eternal Flame that Odin keeps locked away on Asgard?" I asked.

Surtur gave us an evil grin.

"Odin is not on Asgard. And both of your absence have left the throne defenceless." He said.

Thor and I glanced at each other, both confused and concerned.