Chapter 30- Quinjet

Warnings: None.

2017, Sakaar.

Destiny's POV:

Thor and I hid in a back corner as Valkyrie entered the room, and the Hulk slammed a ball into the far wall, creating a dent.

"Angry girl!" He shouted.

Valkyrie ran to him and gave him a hug, and the Hulk afterward began playfully roughhousing the girl.

"What's going on? What do you..." She asked.

She did not finish as she noticed Thor and I standing right there, and her smile disappeared.

"You two are so thick-headed that you can't tell when someone's hiding all the way across the universe and wants to be left alone?" She asked them.

"We need to talk." I stated.

"No, you want to talk to me." Valkyrie retaliated as she turned to walk away.

I began approaching her as Thor turned to the Hulk. Soon enough, before Valkyrie could leave, the skull border around the Hulk's bed went flying across the room. I turned to the Hulk completely startled, as she saw that he was looking at Valkyrie.

"Stay! Please?" He begged the woman.

Thor also approached me as Valkyrie approached the shelf full of bottles and grabbed a cheap liquor bottle.

"Alright, here's the deal. I'll listen to you until this bottle is empty." She offered and started drinking.

"Asgard is in danger and people are dying. We need to get back there. We need your help... wow." Thor said.

He got about 5 seconds worth of explaining before the whole bottle was empty.

"Finished. Bye." Valkyrie said before turning to the door.

"Odin is dead." I interjected.

Valkyrie stopped completely.

"Hela, the Goddess of Death, has invaded Asgard." I continued.

"If Hela is back then Asgard is already lost." Valkyrie contradicted.

"We're going to stop her." Thor said.

"Alone?" Valkyrie asked, turning to us.

"Nope. We're putting together a team. It's me, you, her, and the big guy." My brother explained.

"No team! Only Hulk!" The Hulk exclaimed from the opposite side of the room.

"It's me, you, and her." Thor corrected.

"I think it's just you two." Valkyrie said before turning back around.

"Wait. Just listen. The Valkyrie are legend, elite warriors of Asgard. They are sworn to protect the throne." I said.

"I'm not getting dragged into one of Odin's family squabbles." Valkyrie refused to listen.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Thor asked her.

"Your sister. Her power comes from Asgard, same as yours." She said.

The Hulk's ball suddenly rolled across the room and Valkyrie picked it up and tossed it back.

"When it grew beyond Odin's control, she massacred everyone in the palace and tried to seize the throne. When she tried to escape her banishment, he sent the Valkyrie in to fight her back. I only survived because..."

She stopped talking and trailed off.

"Look, I already faced her once back when I believed in the throne, and it cost me everything. THAT'S what's wrong with Asgard. The throne, the secrets, the whole golden sham." She explained.