50 - Van

Sunday Night

As soon as I'm off the stage I grab my phone to text Bella saying not to wait up for me, I know I'll get home and she'll probably be up anyway but she's working tomorrow so she probably needs the sleep. I won't be home for at least two hours and she's getting up early. Just when I chuck my phone in my back pocket I feel it vibrating against my leg and I take it out to see a phone call from Bell. It's not like her to be phoning at a time like this so I'm praying she's okay

"Hiya love you alright?"  Trying my best not to sound worried I answer the phone, walking through into one of the quieter empty rooms behind the stage.

"Yeah I'm fine I was just going to ask if you'd come into my work tomorrow? Only if you're free and only for an hour before I'm finished when you were going to pick me up. There's just two people I want you to meet but you don't have to" Relief flies over me, I'm glad she's okay but it makes me laugh hearing her ask for something. Bella never asks for a favour and when she does it's exactly like this, deep down she knows I'll do it but she'll always hate asking.

"Course I will Bell, I'd actually like to see your work so yeah course I'll come in"

"Thank you, good night?" She asks, I can just picture her little smile. I've always said she's got an infectious smile but it's infectious even when you can't see it.

"Yeah it was amazing, one of our best bet hey I'll see you tomorrow yeah? Don't wait up for me, I'll see you in the morning okay?" She's yawned about 12 in the two minutes we've been on the phone so I'm thinking she might actually go to bed instead of stay up all night waiting for me.

_____

Larrys fast asleep on the bus, snoring his head off and let's just say we've all got good photos of him for when he wakens. Benjis been on the phone to the girl he's seeing for the majority of the way home, she seems a nice girl, Bella thinks she's here to stay so that means she can't be that bad. It's not like she's protective over us but having known us for so long, she's seen the girls who've broken our hearts and she just doesn't want us wasting our time on girls that'll do us no good. She's always been right as well, every girl she's said is trouble has been so I'm glad she approves of Benjis new one.

My house is the first place we reach because it's out of Llandudno so I'm the first to depart. All the lights are off at home so I'm guessing Bell's gone to bed, I'm glad though because it's half 1 and she'll be up early. I try my best to be quiet as I get in, closing the door quietly and taking my shoes off at the door. When I eventually make it upstairs I can see Bella lying in bed asleep, she does it so elegantly unlike Larry who sleeps with his mouth wide open in whatever position he decides. Slowly, I climb in bed, trying not to waken her as I give her forehead a kiss but her eyes ping open as soon as I rest down beside her.

"What time is it?" She asks, speaking so quietly and softly like she always does when she's just woken up.

"Half 1 darlin' go back to sleep" I say through a smile. I don't think I'll ever get sick of the sight of Bell just woken up.

"How was it? Been a while since you've done Wrexham" Says Bella, pulling herself up from the covers slightly.

"Amazing, you know what the crowds here are like."

I brush back some strands of hair from her face as we lay face to face with each other. My hand works it's way round her back, tracing lines up and down her spine. I'm praying tomorrow will be the best day of her life, apart from the day we actually get married and have kids but I'm just hoping it's what she wants. We've always spoken about growing old together and I've always wanted to get down on one knee in front of her but now that the times almost here I'm actually nervous. I never get nervous, not even when I'm playing one of our biggest gigs.

"You okay? You look worried" Her small, cold hand makes its way up to my cheek, her thumb going back and fourth. "You're not like, having second thoughts anything are you?" She must be absolutely delusional to think I'm having second thoughts about anything, it makes me laugh though, how quick she is to panic about little things. I suppose it isn't really funny but she knows it's silly just as much as I do.

"Don't be daft course I'm not" I squeeze her tight in my arms, gaining a small giggle from her before lying back with our arms wrapped around each other like there's no tomorrow.

Slowly Bella begins to drift back to sleep, thank god because if there's one thing she needs it's a good nights sleep. All I could think about today was her, hoping she's had something to eat and I was only away for a few hours. When I left this morning I had a banana, remembering that there was five left in the fruit bowl and I only remember seeing 3 when I came in. Two bananas isn't close to enough but there was a bowl next to the sink so hopefully she did have something proper. We're going out for a meal tonight anyway and I know she'll eat something if we're out. She hates being a burden to me but she's not a burden in the slightest, I'd go through it all a million times again if I had to.

That day she wouldn't let anyone in her house because she was suffering, when I waited for hours on her door step just to know she was okay is when I realised how much I really did care about her. Never would I have thought she'd come this far in such a short amount of time though. Everything she went through on her own while I toured the world scared me but now she has me, she didn't then but she does now so I'd rather her go through it again and have me to help her through it all than her go through it alone. I just wish her dad could see her now, I wish I could go to her dad and tell her I'm going to marry his daughter but I know he'll be proud from the sky, I know he'll be proud of Bella.