48 - Bella

The lads are in in the living room watching the football and I'm just standing in the kitchen observing, it's nice seeing them all together but I'm dying for one of them to start bringing there girlfriend with them. As much as I love spending time with them all, being the only girl sometimes gets annoying but I wouldn't change it for the world. I'm convinced Benji is seeing someone though, I've noticed him always texting someone and sneaking off early from places but I'll wait till he properly confirms it.

"How long till tea bell?" Shouts Van from his position on the couch in front of the tv with a beer in his hand.

"5 minutes" I smile back, keeping eye contact with Van but he jumps up and comes over to join me.

Feels like I'm living a dream, beautiful house with Van, cooking away in the kitchen while all our friends sit watching the football. It's like we're still the same people, we've just matured. Van stands behind me, putting his arms round my waist and resting his head on my shoulder, he's been wearing the same aftershave for as long as I can remember so having the scent surround me brings a feeling of nostalgia.

————

"It's freezing" I say as I step outside the pub with Van for a smoke. It's been a good night, never poisoned anyone with my cooking and they all seemed to enjoy it. They all like the house as well, it's just a shame they're rarely going to be here.

"It's not freezing darlin you've just got no meat on you" I can tell he was trying not to offend me, he didn't but I know he's worrying about me and it's for no reason. His arm makes it's way round my shoulder, pulling me in close to him to keep me warm.

"I ate my tea Van" I tell him, in an attempt to get rid of his worry.

"I know you did love, I'm proud of you! Just got to keep it up yeah? Does you more good than bad, if you're gaining weight from just one meal you know it's weight you've needed Bell. Anyway c'mon we'll go back in, you're bloody frozen."  He says, rubbing the ciggy we were sharing out with his foot.

When we get back inside and wander over to the table we were sitting at I notice than Benji isn't sitting there. Instead he's up at the bar talking to a beautiful brown haired lady and they both looked pretty engaged in the conversation. I knew he'd been seeing someone, I knew it.  The lids all seem to have noticed it too but thankfully it doesn't look like anyone's interrupted them, usually Larry or someone would go and annoy Benji and I have to tell him to behave but not today, thank god. Benji turns round the face us all but instead of just smiling and turning back he walks over, holding hands with the girl he was talking to. The minute they reach our table everyone falls silent and looks up at Benji and his new thing.

"Right lids this is Daisy, be nice. Daisy you know all the lads but this is Bella, she's been our best friend since we were teenagers" I can tell Daisys shy, just like me but she shouldn't be, we're a great group of people so I stand up to give her a little 'nice to meet you hug' and tell her it'll be nice to have another girl around.

She sits down next to Benji and he puts an arm round her, they look good together,  she doesn't look like the type to break his heart. As I fade back in to the conversion realise it's Van talking, telling daisy about the time Blakes messed up the tickets for the arctic monkeys gig that got me and Van together. Apparently Benji bought two tickets and only realised he forgot the other four the day before my birthday, it's my first time hearing this so it genuinely does make my laugh, typical of Blakes.

I notice vans hand pick up mines which was resting on my thigh. He holds it tightly under the table while using his thumb to caress the back on my hand. Van always been the affectionate type but with a few drinks down him he can't keep his hands to himself. I don't mind though, I used to flinch at every slight touch but now I'm always secretly waiting for him to hold my hand under the table or rest his hand on my thigh.

"I need to speak to the boys so if you excuse us, we're going for a ciggy" announced Van. It clearly catches the boys off guard too but Van gives me a peck before wandering outside and the rest of them all follow. Leaving me and daisy sitting alone around the large table.

"How long have you been seeing him then? I've always thought he had someone he hasn't telling us about." I ask, she shuffles round closer to me so we don't need to shout over the table.

"About two months, could've been longer but I was skeptical about the distance,it's been fine so far though" I can tell be the way she talks that she's a nice girl, not like any of the ther girls friends who's been dragged to join us all. I can tell she's worried though, the distance obvious intimidates her which is normal but once she gets the first few weeks by with she'll be fine.

"It gets difficult but don't let it put you off because they're all always making time to phone me and their families, you won't be left out the loop"  I smile back.

Before we've got the chance to say anything else the lids all come bouncing back in, all wearing massive grins on their faces so I can only guess they were finding out everything about benjis new love interest who I could tell was here to stay. Van sits back down beside me, planting a kiss on my cheek and throwing his arm round me.

"I love you Isabella" he whispers into my ear before usin his finger to turn my head to face him.

Thank you for everyone who has read this so far! 1k reads wth🥺🥺🥺
Sorry This chapter isn't the best but the next couple will be the last few chapters of the story so they'll be better (hopefully)