45 - Van

I'm not sure how I feel about Bell driving over to Anglesey at 2 AM herself but she insisted on picking me up from the airport. Ever since she got her license she's been driving everywhere which we didn't complain about because she was always pestering one of us for a lift seen as she's younger than all of us. It's funny how the tables have turned I guess. Plus if she was picking me up I was praying we'd sort things between us before we get back home.

As soon as everybody's got their stuff from baggage claim I'm off racing round to where Bell would probably be waiting, my phone died so I couldn't text her or anything but Bellas the smartest one out of us all so no doubt she'd have just been checking online or whatever. I felt bad that she was going to be standing there herself at three in the morning but that must mean she doesn't hate me, surely not if she's driven an hour up here just to pick me up when I could've gotten a taxi.

That's when I see the short red headed girl I've been in love with since I was a teenager standing there waiting for us. She doesn't notice at first but after a few calls of her name a real, genuine smile appears on her face as the distance between us gets smaller and smaller. As soon as I'm with in arms reach of her I wrap my arms around her waist and pull her in even closer to me as her scent fills my lungs. For the first time in forever her arms are around my neck hugging me back just as tightly.

The boys follow closely behind me so she soon moves on to welcome them back home as well. Sometimes I forget just how close they are, they really have missed having her about all the time and it probably didn't help that I've been so awkward about us recently.

"Sorry, I didn't think and you won't all fit home in my car" It's clear she feels guilty but the boys have already booked a taxi home because they want me and Bell to sort out whatever's going on.

"We've got a taxi love don't worry, you and Van better head now though so your parkings cheaper." Says Bob. Bella smiles bepack but I know she still feels bad that they're away home in a taxi and I'm getting a lift but I'm not complaining.

We all head out to the car park and say goodbye to the lids until tomorrow probably. I throw an arm around Bella and surprisingly her head falls to my shoulder as we walk over to wherever she parked her car, she's just wearing a pair of trackies and a jumper which I'm pretty sure used to belong to me but I like seeing her wearing my clothes. Eventually we reach the car and I throw my stuff in the boot but before she jumps in I grab her hand pulling her closer to me so we can get rid of the elephant in the room before we share an hour long car journey back home.

"I'm sorry about everything that happened in New York, I shouldn't have brought up what I did and I shouldn't have lied about so much. You know you're the only girl I've ever been in love with Isabella, I wouldn't change you for the world darling" When my other hand reaches for her other on and I look into her eyes I can see they're starting to fill up but I can't figure out why. Hopefully it's just happiness getting the better of her and she does have a little smile on her face. "I've missed you" Just as I'm about to go on and say more her arms make their way around my waist which take me by surprise but I make sure to return the hug she's given me by holding her even closer.

"I've missed us" Her quiet voice speaks from my chest. My heart almost breaks hearing her say it out loud. All she did was say what we're both thinking but she'd never normally think out loud unless it really bothered her. "Can we go back to how we used to be? I've missed you" Bella pulls herself back slightly so she can look me in the eye, I can sense the amount of anxiety she's got taking over her right now but that's all I've wanted to hear her say since New York.

"Course we can Bell" We share a kiss, a real passionate kiss for the first time in at least two months and it feels like the rest of the world just disappears. "C'mon I want to see what you've done at home" I say, walking round to the passenger side of my car, desperate to get home and see the place we were going to settle down in, whenever that is.

It's not the radio that comes on when she starts the car, it's 'Overlap' that comes straight on which only means she'd been listening to it on the way here and there's something about it that makes me smile. We weren't on the best of terms until 5 minutes ago so the fact she still played our CD's in her car while she was driving brought a smile to my face. I wasn't that tired because it only felt like 11PM to me but Bell was working yesterday so she must be shattered. Although she turns down my multiple offers to drive home but I'm convinced she just likes to keep up her image of the sensible one who is also usually our taxi despite being at least two years younger than all of us.

The journey home wasn't awkward like I thought, instead she just told me all about her work and it sounds like the perfect job for her, she clearly loves it. I told her all about the places we  seen and the places we're going to have to go together. We sing to some of the songs we sang together as teenagers and I was wishing the car journey never ended. She looked perfect, you know when you can just look at something and really admire it... that's what I was like with Isabella. I really am the luckiest guy ever because no other girl would put up with me for this long but I don't want any other girl anyway.