35.[Where She Obliges To Let Him Adorn Her]

[Phoebe---At Parents House Hours Later]

"How's the water Kaitlyn? It is okay for you?" I asked her.

She nodded her head playing in the bubbles. I didn't want to intrude on her but she insisted on me staying in the bathroom with her. It was a rather large one and extremely quiet. Children, well they don't do quiet very well, so I suspected she felt lonely.

"Okay, Great and what would you like to eat? I can make something or we can order in. Your choice." I sat down on the floor near to the tub.

"Anythinggg, this your sleepova too teacha." She grinned plastering the soap unto her cheeks.

"I know but it's all about you sweetheart. You know what? How about we make a pizza, all by ourselves."

She looked over at me and smiled brightly. "Yeah!! then I can show daddy that I can cook!" She shook her head in agreement.

"Okay, when you finish up, we'll make it. Get behind those ears you know."

"I knoooow." She giggled.

"I knoooow." I mocked her playing with my hair.

~~

A few Minutes later

"Becauseeee Imma Barbie girl, in a Barbie wooooorld ----

"Kaitlyn!" I folded over laughing.

"Kaitlyn, you're singing so loud darling. I can't even hear the music." I smiled at her.

"I'm sorry. I a' be softer." She assured me putting her finger over her lips.

"Ms.Phe Phe I don't want nem mushrooms things on my pizza." She turned up her lip shaking her head.

"That's okay sweetie I'll only put them on my side. And I promise to make it extra cheesy."

"Okay, I wanna do something Ms.Phe Phe." She stood next to me, standing on her tippy toes.

"You can, as soon as I roll out this dough." She nodded watching me open the Pillsbury Dough pop open can.

Mom entered the kitchen. "I don't mean to intrude on you guys' pizza party but I need to get some water, for Scott." She walked towards the fridge.

You're a chef?" She kindly teased Kaitlyn.

"Nooo." She grinned, shaking her head, before she edged her face into my side, hugging onto my hip.

I don't know why she was so shy around my parents. When she met them when we came over here, she seemed so much like a fish out of water. I don't think it's anything to do with their race because Justin her classmate is Caucasian as well. Maybe she just feels out of her element.

"A shy one huh?" Mom pointed to Kaitlyn holding the bottle of water.

"All of a sudden I see." I looked down at her.

"You look so much like your father." Mom eyed her.

"Mom you're making her nervous." I whispered.

"Okay Okay , I'm leaving. Your father and I wanted to watch a movie, so I'll see you guys later."She waved leaving the kitchen.

"You can open that bag of cheese for my Kaitlyn."

"Okay." She climbed onto the stool grabbing the bag.

"Teacher?"

"Yes Sweetie?" I continued even out the dough.