38.[Where She Climbs Aboard The Pity Train]

[August—-Moments later ]

"August stop just standing there and help me get him some help!" Phoebe screamed at me.

Damn, I just ain't wanna have to deal wid this shit man. He was gon get his blood all ova my damn new whip.

"What the fuck happened to you man?" I leaned over helping Phoebe getting him in the down the steps towards the car.

"Th—They got—-

"August don't make him talk! Oh my God, he's bleeding so much. We gotta hurry."

She pushed him in on the backseat and I started up the car.

"Roscoe, you're going to be okay. Where did they get you?"

She lifted up the side of his shirt and the blood was gushing outta his side. Nothing new to my eyes from whea' I'm from. I just sped down the road.

All I could think bout' was dat' every time something good come along something bad gotta hop on that train too. I made it in the main stream; niggas think I'm supposed to pay their mortgage. Got a beautiful baby girl, her momma a braud who up to this day I still don't know how she die. Phoebe da' perfect female, but she got a whole buncha' niggas in love and obsessed with ha'.

Shit gets frustrating. Every oda mudafucka can get their happy ending ,except me.

"We're soon there." I look up in the mirror to see him stroking his face. I know this nigga was hurting or whateva' but Phoebe act like she in love wid him and I don't like it. I never planned on catching feelings for Kaitlyn's teacha'. Shit, I never planned on falling in love wid any woman. Ion even know what love is.

But I know I feel that way bout' Phoebe. And after I had her , after waking up to her, after seeing how Kaitlyn luh' ha. I get so angry when oda niggas try and come between what I'm tryna build wid ha'. I'm not the lovey type but she making me feel that way and I can't stand even thinking about ha' wid somebody else.

[Phoebe]

"August are you okay?" I tapped his leg. He was sitting there in the waiting room completely silent staring at the wall. Roscoe had been rushed to the ER. And we were just waiting for more than an hour now. I had blood all over my shirt and I felt so worried and half responsible. Maybe I should've just given him the money.

"Yeh'. I'm straight."

"You hungry? Want something from the machine? Tired? Worried?" I questioned.

"Nah, I'm just thinking about all these damn cameras flashing outside. This ain't gon' be too good for my publicity, questions gon' come up and people is gon' thinking I'm affiliated with this nigga."

I sighed, looking outside, at the paparazzi begging to get inside. August had called his bodyguards and they were standing around us and at the door.

"See,this is what I told you about. Bringing you into my mess., but you said you didn't care. I'm just worried about him, that's why I'm here. I couldn't leave him." I was literally begging him to look at me, but he continued looking at the floor.

"Ion care bout alla dat Phe. I care bout how he stay poppin' up. If you tell a nigga no, they gonna eventually get the picture that you ain't want them. You must be tellin' him maybe." He sighed.

"August. Roscoe wants money and he claims he still loves me but I don't love him. And I don't want him, so stop inciting an argument." He looked up at me.