39.[Where She Realizes The Tables Have Turned]

[Phoebe ----A Few Days Later ]

"Roscoe you have to stop trying to sit up, what's the matter with you?"

He slightly smiled. "I'm sorry, jus' can't get comfortable." He murmured gripping the remote.

I looked at my watch and I had actually slept in the hospital with him. I just wanted to go home. August didn't even call me, no text, nothing. I knew I had made him angry but I can't please everyone.

"Roscoe I need to go, I have to get home." I stood up from the chair. It was about 8 o'clock.  He looked over at me with a solemn expression.

"You leavin'?"

I nodded. "Yes, I will try to come back okay. Your brother did say he was going to come back."  I mentioned bubbles whom had popped in a while ago.

"Aight."           

"Okay , you're going to be fine ." I touched his cheek. " I can't give you all that money but I'm going to see what I can come up with."

He nodded his head like a little boy waiting for his mommy to confirm she was going to buy him a new pair of sneakers. Roscoe was really nothing shy of stupid.  He should have never done what he did. Who says when he pays them off they won't just kill him altogether?

"I'll see you." I leaned it and gave him a quick hug but his left arm  that wasn't injured sat on my lower back, pulling me closer to him.

"Roscoe..." I sung, looking at him.

"I luh' you Phoebe. Like a fat kid love cake." He licked his lips. "Stuck on you."

My eyes flickered looking at his face and though the sincerity in his voice was very believable, I couldn't let him do this to me right now. Roscoe loves me yes, but why?

"Okay I really have to go now." I tried to remove his arm from around me but he tightened it, and leaned up to kiss my lips but I turned my head, resulting in him kissing my cheek.

"Roscoe come on... Let me up." I mumbled and he slowly moved his wet lips off my face and let me go.

I fixed my still bloody blouse and looked at him awkwardly, before I waved stepping out of the door. I basically ran out of the hospital door and had to call a taxi seeing August left me here and my car was at Dad's.

When I arrived I quickly pulled off my shirt, leaving me in my bra alone. I smelt funky, my breath was stale and my hair looked a tad like Felicia from that film  Friday.

I pulled the door knob on the front door and it was open. I looked around seeing neither mom nor Dad was awake or downstairs so I ran up the stairs, to my room.

Before I showered I was thinking about it and I decided I would go to Bermuda for the time Roscoe was in the hospital. My hair was kind of falling out, not in clumps but it was. I needed to really think about how I was going to work everything out, the restraining order with Malcolm, the money with Roscoe, and I had to be back for the Christmas party, so I figured now was the chance.

So I got on my phone and booked the flight.  I showered, thoroughly washing the previous night off of me , but when I was showering I felt so nauseous standing under the hot running water and I felt like I wanted to throw up. When I got out walking out of my bedroom Mother had to be sitting on my bed.

"Mom! Jeez you scared me." I held a handover my chest, adjusting the towel.

"And I assume you were with your boaz. On a secret rendezvous that you couldn't tell me everything over the phone." She smirked plucking something off my sheet.