1.[Where Not Only Her Students Find Her Likeable]

"The past can't hurt you anymore, not unless you let it." ― Alan Moore

I looked over at the time and it was time to get up for the day ahead. I read my quote for today and pulled the covers back. The day seemed bright yet gloomy, I stood up and looked out the window. If I stood here I wouldn't move and I didn't want to be late for work.

I walked into the kitchen and turned on my coffee maker. The wooden floor beneath my feet was cold. It felt so good, so pleasant. Almost as good as how hot candle felt when it hit your skin and hardened. Deliciously painful. It always made me feel satisfied. Like how my past made me feel, when I was young and foolish.

See after the candle wax gets hard, then you have to scrape it off, and it can be so stubborn. Some never moves and some gets left behind. That's exactly what my past felt like when I tried to get away from it. I knew as much as I loathed the feeling of scraping it off my plate , sadly I still get a high thinking of what my life use to be. And now here I was about to be a kindergarten teacher.

Something I always wanted to do, and when the opportunity waltz my way I was definitely not about to turn it down. I wanted to change lives like how I wish somebody could've helped me change mine.

[At Phoebe's School]

I walked inside the classroom , already seeing some parents and students there. I greeted them but they just stared at me. I started to feel uncomfortable about the skirt I was wearing. It hugged me a little to closely, maybe I should've listened to my mother and wore a nice flare dress, but I knew that they would've risen up making them shorter due to my behind.

I sat my bags down on the table and turned to face everyone

"Hello ,Everyone." I spoke smiling, I was very excited.

"Well I guess I should get right into it." I clasped my hands together. "Well My name is Ms. Phoebe Washington, but since my last name is entirely dreary and too long for you to call every time, you guys can call me Ms.Phe Phe. Okay?"

They nodded. I saw some of the parents talking amongst themselves, criticizing me I guess.

"Well do you guys have any questions for me?"

One little girl shot up her hand in the front, almost instantly, she was very pretty.

"Yes sweetheart?"

"Are we going to go on fwield trips?" She asked missing some teeth in the front. The parents chuckled amongst themselves, I suppose laughing at how eager she was to ask such a question.

"Of Course we are! We're going to go on field trips and we're going to make things with our tiny fingers that nobody else has!" I assured she smiled.

"Anyone else?" I asked looking around.

"ME! ME!" she raised her hand again. I saw how the rather handsome guy standing beside her shook his head and looked at her.

"Yes Darling?"

"Are we going to go on field trips to the zoo?"

The children smiled and giggled at her question.

"Well I don't see why not would you like that?"

She nodded. I stooped down in front of her.

"You ask a lot of questions Sweetie. What's your name?"

"My name is Kaitlyn, but my daddy calls me Kay-Kay, just like how you have a shorter name."

"Kaitlyn, wow that's a very pretty name."

"I know." She said with much attitude.

"Can I call you Kay-Kay?" I asked.

"She looked up at who I assumed to be her daddy and he gave her a head nod.