31.[Where Her Heart Malfunctions,Slightly]

[Phoebe---Next Morning]

It was about 10 in the morning now and I was exhausted from coming home so late last night. I rubbed my eyes, removing the gunk that stuck to my lashes. The apartment was so serene and peaceful, I love Saturday mornings. Which reminds me that I need to go visit Dad and then go grocery shopping .

I rolled over lazily, to see my phone vibrating. I quickly shot up to look at the screen and it was Mr.Alsina. I answered, momentarily. About 3 rings later, not wanting to seem eager.

"Hello?"

"Helluh? You up na?"

I smiled,"Yess I'm up. "

"I been callin' you like twice before thought somebody done kidnap yo' ass." He chuckled.

"And that's funny how? You know I have stalkers."

"Yeah, Malcolm, I seen Roscoe early this morning he was so high, talking a buncha shit." He chuckled. "He came by the studio."

"He did?" I sat up.

"Yeh', its like he jus' wanted to chill. Came by himself."

"Oh Okay. I'm worried about him , slightly."

"Why?"

"He told me that he was going to need my help soon."

"When he tellyuh'that?"

"Few days ago, in a Chinese restaurant."

"Oh, maybe he wantcha' to work for him n' shit. Maybe his club going a lah' dim."

"Well if that's what he wants I'm not doing that. My days are long gone."

"I said maybe Phe. Ion know what he want. Jus' assumin'."

"I know. And he had this bandages o I asked him if he broke into my class and---

"Broke into ya class? Kay class??"

"Oh I forgot to tell you about that. Thought Kay would've."

"Nah, she stayed at Mama's all week. I been workin'."

"Oh, well somebody destroyed our classroom and the fish tank etc , etc. I don't know who did it, the school surveillance cameras aren't showing anything and I just don't know." I rubbed my hair.

"That's fucked up. Your class only?"

"Yeah."

"You slept with a married man?"

I shrieked. "August! What nooo. You're so stupid." I chuckled.

"Jus' askin', bitches be crazy these days. "

"I've only slept with one man my entire life and he has no wife."

"Hol' up. You telln' me your body count is 1. As in 0+1=1?"

"Yes. Could we not discuss this? It feels terribly awkward." I murmured looking around the room.

He went silent.

"August?"

"I'm in shock ma'. Gimme a second to recuperate." He exhaled.

"Oh my God you are so dramatic but atleast you used such a nice word." I smiled.

"Damn Phe. I ain't kno' you had it like that." I could feel his grin through the line.

"Whatever. What are you doing?"