11. [Where She Is Told To Come]

[Phoebe's Classroom, At School]

A Week Later

"Come on you guys, you have to make sure that the card looks pretty for Kaitlyn. Justin! Not all that glitter please, it's going to spill."

Kaitlyn had to be absent, because of the accident I've called to check up on her and her Grandma says that she should be back out next week. I felt so horrible, for letting that happen. Every night before I go to bed now, I ensure that my alarm is correct. The principal, agreed that it wasn't my fault and she said that Mr.Alsina did not call to complain like reminded me that he would.

I had put my hair in box braids for a while and gosh they were so tight they were giving me a headache. I looked over and saw Johnathan in the corner, reading a book. Now I was stunned more than amazed really. If it's one thing he didn't appreciate doing was reading. He was very smart and far too clever but he was never a reader. He was very talkative, quite the conversation-holder.

"Johnathan? Are you okay?"

He nodded keeping his eyes glued to the book. I pulled a chair and sat next to him. "Something is bothering you sweetie, you can tell me. "

He rested down the book and turned to me. "Ms.Phe Phe, Ion think Kaay gonna like me no mo'. She gon' think I a mean person and she not gonna want to be friends." He mumbled.

"Ohh, that's whats bothering you. I'm sure if you apologize and hug her letting her now you mean it she'll want to still be friends."

"Nah Ms.Phe-Phe , every time I try hug her, she slaps me in the head and she always mad at me."

"Maybe because of the way you behave towards her Johnathan. Do you like her?"

He nodded his head. "I like her, but she don't care. I think she like Justin .....or something."He sulked. I know , these little children couldn't possibly be having love triangles already! I found it so amusing, young love...

"Well how about you make a separate special card for her and I'll give it to her when I drop off the one everyone is making together? Sounds good?"

"Yeah." He smiled. "Buh, teacher you gotta help me. I don't have any smooth lines dat' get Kay. She so rough all the time."

I grinned. " Smooth lines? Boy what you know about that. You're in Kindergarten!"

"My daddy say to get a girl, you gotta have smooth lines. Ion know." He shrugged his shoulders.

"Okay, I'll help you, but this is between us, okay Cutie?"

He nodded.

[Phoebe---At Mr.Alsina's House , after 3'o clock]

The bodyguard had let me inside and I was just standing there with a gigantic card in my arms and Johnathan's card in my purse.

Finally Mr.Alsina turned the corner greeting me and I was once again, in a stage of annoyance.

"Kaitlyn's upstairs in ha' room, although I kno' you came to see me." He licked his lips, could he ever keep on a shirt. Damn.

I shook my head, as I followed him, to Kaitlyn's room. I didn't feel like sharing a conversation so whenever he'd be a chauvinistic pig and utter stupid remarks I'd just ignore him. Like when he questioned why I had "them snakes in my head", I simply ignored him.

"She in hea'. "

He pushed the door open and I smiled seeing her on the bed watching TV.