22.[Where She Has Hooked Two, Too Many Romeos]

[Phoebe At her House---Few Moments Later]

I opened my eyes adjusting them to the light and when they were okay I jumped up looking around only to see that I was in my own apartment on the couch. I touched my body making sure I was okay. I was just about to get up when Roscoe came out of my hallway, smoking.

“See you woke up, you got a nice ass  little apartment.” He looked around .

“Roscoe wha—what are you doing here? Why are you here? And why are you coming from my bedroom.”

“Aye chill out, you da one that fainted and shit. The fuck wrong with you? You ain’t eat today or sumn’?”

I blinked confused by this whole thing.  Did he just curse at me?

“How do you even know where I live?”

“I know people.” He sat down in the chair propping his legs up on my coffee table.

“Roscoe why are you here” I was pacing up and down , far away from him, near the door in case I needed to flee---my own house that is.

“You think people ain’t been tellin me dey’ seeing you up here? Hmm? I have eyes everywhere Phoebe, you should know dat’.”

“So what,  you threatening me now?  Is your entire crew outside to come and kill me now? And could you stop smoking in here?”

“Phoebe will you shut up? Damn you always kill me with this propa’ talking shit.  And why the hell you have on nem’ clothes? Where you working?”

I sighed. “Roscoe you have no right to ask me questions , I -----

He stood up looking in my direction, blowing thick smoke through his nostrils. “I have no right ta ask you questions?” He started walking over to me. “You da one that left me, broke a nigga  heart and Ion even suppose to have a heart.”

I blinked, highly confused. “What?”

“Yah heard meh. It done been five years and I waited for you to come home. When you coming home?”

“Roscoe do you hear yourself? I’m never going back to NOLA.”

He was about to put the blunt to his lips but he stopped. “And why not?”

“Be-because I like it here. NOLA isn’t a place for me.”

“Since when?”

“Since five years ago Roscoe!”

“Who you raising your voice at?”

“I’m sorry, nobody. Please Roscoe just leave.”