27.[Where She Is Underwater, And Not At All Breathing Fine]

[The Next Morning ---Ms.Phoebe]

I turned over in the bed, hoping to touch a Mr. Alsina but I didn't. I fluttered my eyes awake, seeing the bed was empty and that he nor Kaitlyn was there.

"August?" I questioned sitting up in the bed seeing I was wearing his t-shirt. Holy fuck. Did we....

"I'm right hea'." He said stepping out of the bathroom startling me.

"Where's Kaitlyn and what time is it?" I scratched my hair, forgetting I didn't braid it last night. Just great.

"It's like 6 o'clock and Brent took her to Mama's to get ha' ready fa school." He rubbed his chest.

"Oh God, August why am I in your shirt, please tell me we didn't have sex." I folded my legs nervously.

He snickered strolling over to the bed.

"What's funny? I'm serious."

"Ma' I like my chicks awake when I'm giving it to em'. You fell asleep so damn quick, and I put my shirt on you, you kept sayn' you was cold."

I nodded, avoiding eye contact with him. "Okay." I said barely above a whisper.

"Imma leave I gotta get to tha' studio. I like to be alone in dere. Early mornings, even later nights."

"Okay, thank you for coming over here....I guess." I breathed on my hand, tasting the stench of my breath, wanting him to go before he managed to get a whiff of the horrendous morning breath I was experiencing.

"When Kay woke up, I made ha' summa dat tea you got out dere." He said putting back on his shoes. Why did I feel like we had had a one night stand or something? I pulled the comforter closer to my body.

"That's fine." I murmured, looking at my alarm clock.

"Yea' she a big baybeh, ery mornin' she wake me up for tea." He smiled. "She asked if you were ma girlfriend." He looked over at me. I never really looked at him this close until last night. His teeth were so square and cute, and his eyes were a little beady. The little goatee thing he had going was.... I don't, I couldn't picture him without it.

"Phoebe!" He snapped his fingers in my face.

"Huh? What you said?" I rubbed my eyes.

"Kay askin' Daddy if you ma girldfriend."

My eyelids gaped wide open and I just stared at him. "Sh-She asked that?"

"Yeh'." He smiled.

"Why'd you think she'd ask that?" Oh Phoebe stop being so naive, she woke up to her Father spooning her teacher what would she think?

"Ion know. She ain really had a woman spend as much time wid her like you. Oda den' Mama and Tima." He shrugged pulling on my shirt.

"Oh I guess us all cuddled up in my bed wasn't a good look huh?"

He smiled. "Nah I just think she want you ta be. Lemme get my shirt Ma'."

"Oh, I'm sorry." I began pulling up the shirt but I froze, cupping my breasts first. "Oh thank God." I mumbled recognizing there was still a bra. I took it off and quickly brought the covers over my chest.

"I seen nem' already." He smirked, roguishly while pulling on the shirt. He stood up, walking around to the nightstand grabbing his phone. "Funny , but they look different in the morning to bad, you can't see." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh really na?"

"Well aren't you just a Kevin Hart. Funny. You're rhetorical questions are so funny." I squinted my eyes.