Chapter 30 (End)

Graduation

It's only a week until graduation.

A week.

A lot has happened over the past year, my arrival, me becoming the manager, mind fucking the guys. Uno reverse carding the fuck outta the bitches who thought they could mess with me, falling for Wakatoshi while being at nationals. The whole Fan club fiasco and the stalker situation, then me and Wakatoshi having that unbelievable misunderstanding that was so stupid, entrance exams and now this.

I'm not ready.

I might've not been here for exceptionally long but, ah shit why is this so hard. I wipe the tears running down my temples as I stare up into the white ceiling. I guess what I'm trying to get at is that I'm going to miss the shit outta this school and all the lovely people that I've met along the way.

I hear the metal door slide open and then heavy footsteps before a figure stands above me, the light casting a glow behind him making him seem like a gift from god. When damn right so he is.

"What are you doing?" Wakatoshi's deep voice rings in my ears as I continue lying on the wooden floor of the gymnasium.

"Feeling the feels." I cry finally closing my eyes, when I open them again, I'm surprised to see him there, lying next to me. Damn his side profile is so good, give me that butter so he can cut it with his fine ass jawline.

"Are you sad that it's all coming to an end?" I speak lowly as in a whisper, he still hears, I watch as his mouth opens and closes multiple times.

"it's part of life moving on I suppose," I deadpan at his generic answer, but he soldiers on. "But I won't forget the people that I have met and those that have made me the man I am today. So, I guess it will be sad to leave but as long you're near my side then I couldn't ask for more." I blush at his honesty and turn to my side smiling widely.

"You're such a sweet talker you know, that right?" he smirks and turns around to me, my fingers graze along his jaw, this fucker knows it and he damn well uses it to his advantages.

"So?"

"So?" he repeats a little puzzled from the sudden change.

"Tokyo, are we... are we going to be...you know...like living together...if only you want to that is, I, I completely understand if..." I stop stuttering when I feel his hand caresses my cheek. I melt to his touch; I watch his eyes soften and that constant frown on his beautiful face lighten.

"Yes, if you want me?" I squeal embracing him, ah I could live in this, his embraces as always so good, even better than my bed.

"So?" ah yes, my poor volleyball idiot is kinda slow.

"Yes, yes, yes. Of course, I would love to live with you." He wraps his arms around me, closing the gap between us, my head resting on his chest. His heart beating faster than mine, ah so this is love, I could get used to this.

I wander the halls that once was big and vast and somewhat a tricky maze at the start now feel like I'm leaving home behind, a part of me gone to this place. I hum as I walk past classrooms that contain so much laughter and joy, my homeroom, the place that I met the love of my life, I chuckle to our first meeting now that was a cracker.

I check into my barren dorm that holds so much, where me, Himari and Yui gather for some good old girl time, how they were so welcoming to me and my little quirks, gosh I love those girls so much. The meetings, the great hack, the murder of the rugby captain plot now all fades into these walls, the blue tack on the walls leave small prints of what they held, the empty closet and drawers, the once overflowing desk that had all my notes of all my barely passing subjects. I grab onto my already packed suitcases and say my final goodbyes to this room, may you serve another and bring joy and warmth to their lives also.

I met up with my mum outside in the car park, she took my bags and gave me one big final hug before locking the car, we walk to the front of the school where everyone else is waiting, the final ceremony will begin soon and I can't wait.

"Where were you?" Himari whisper yells while straightening my bowtie, best to look prim and proper for the big day now.

"Oh, you know feeling the feels." I smile she returns it.

"Well we got this then the photos to do so don't go crying on me yet." She hugs me before the teachers start lecturing us to come in lined up.

I watched as all my friend's classes got called up to receive their certificates, Satori's was the funniest the dude to ever do the walk up towards the principle, he actually did a flip then proceeded to take a selfie with guy himself. God, I love that guy so much he is honestly the best man I've ever met, hope that we stay lifelong friends.

My class came, everyone was kinda meh, even Hayato and I thought he would do something crazy like Satori, Wakatoshi did the good old thing of deadpanning and frowning. When it came to me it hit me like a train wreck and I couldn't stop the overwhelming flow of tears, god damn I'm lucky to be wearing waterproof mascara. I return back to my seat, Wakatoshi worriedly began rubbing my back in a soothing manner.

Then came the photos, with the team, with just us third years, me, Himari and Yui, and then one of me and Wakatoshi, one formal one and lots and lots of silly ones. I managed to persuade him to hold me bridal style while the rest throws confetti at us, I just kept my eyes on him and so did he keep his eyes on me.

It felt like the beginning of a thousand lifetimes spent together, a future that's coming into reach, him becoming pro, me as well. Maybe just maybe a kid in that future, me two or three. But for now I'll worry about the now, my present and my gift of joy and true love, this was the greatest decision of my life to follow my mum back to Japan if not I don't want to even think about my life without him in it.

I stand near him hand in hand, we're going to be busy for a while but soon we'll be back together again, we connect lips, the moment happening, fireworks or that oh shit moment that 'this is the man that I'm going to marry' happening, we pull apart.

"I love you Wakatoshi."

"I love you too, Y/n."

Wahhh it finally ended. This all started out from a simple idea to spending the entire night writing the first 12 chapters to something that has over 6K readers and counting. I honestly never thought that this would blow up so much, this started out as my first fanfic ever and now look at me with 3 more.

Thank you to everyone for reading and for continuing to read even when the plot was a bit hard to keep up with or that my volleyball scenes bored you. All your comments honestly crack me up. Like I go back on my very first chapters and still laugh about it, like was I on crack writing this shit.

What I'm trying to say is thank you for being on this journey with me and I hope you all check out my other fanfics, some crack there, some fluff and angst as well. Thank you for the comments and the votes.

Epilogue will be coming soon!