Chapter 14

Ahhh over 300 reads~ thank you so much for reading~~~ I didn't think that would happen you know. I made this because I had that craving to write and to put it out there so thank you to all my lovely readers. In the chapters to come it'll be less volleyball and more relationships kinda thing~ stay tuned.

😊

Don't forget to vote and comment on any chapters~~~~~

Relax they said

It's been a day since we were at nationals. A day since we lost at quarter finals. A day since me and Wakatoshi have not talked to each other.

Coach said that there won't be any practice today as a rest day from nationals before they get back into the groove once again for spring nationals. But I won't be there for them during summer training camp, sadly but also, I'm extremely excited about that my American team is going into season. In two days, I'll be in America and in a weeks' time my season will begin.

Right now, though I need to sort out me and Wakatoshi right now before it gets too late. I need to tell him how I feel but I can't do that if the dam sod is ignoring me and avoiding me. I huff out on the sofa, both chibi and dork are at home due to it being summer vacation leaving me left alone in this massive dorm room. I decide to go for a wander.

That's when I was about to turn the corner in the many hallways of the school to overhear a conversation, I immediately hid after hearing the voices. I don't know why but my gut told me to hide. The voices of Reon, Satori, Eita, Hayato and Wakatoshi, I peered round to see them by the window looking out.

"What's up with you lately?" Reon asked.

"..."

"Oh, come on Wakatoshi-kun, we've been friends for a long time, I know when something isn't right?" He added, oh so their talking about him maybe it was a good idea to stay put. I want to know why he's avoiding me.

"Cat got your tongue or what?" Satori chuckles at his friend's hesitancy.

"Well me and Y/n kissed."

The entire hallway erupted into cheers and slaps on the backs I assume anyway from the sounds that they were making. But everything started to calm down into a more serious note.

"Eh, what's wrong isn't that a good thing?" That sounded like Hayato's voice.

"But I don't think she enjoyed it, at nationals I kept seeing her flirt with those two guys." Huh, does he really think that? But why wouldn't I enjoy our kiss, I felt like melting right then when it happened. What are you on about Wakatoshi? "I think we're moving too fast and I need to clear my head." He finally finishes.

Oh, are we going too fast, well we did skip the first stage of telling our feelings for one another but still come on really? You're the one that kissed me?! Don't plan to place the blame on me you little shit. Fuck this shit I'm getting this over and done with right this second.

"Huh, Wakatoshi I've been looking all over for you, can we have a chat in private?" I played the little actress, they all looked at me, both shocked and worried that I was eavesdropping which I totally was.

He nods and then his friends leave us alone in the hallway, knowing them they'll just do what I did, and eavesdrop around the corner also. I look at him pissed but I don't show it rather I act a little calmer which tells him the course of this chat.

"Listen, I feel like what happened at nationals was too fast and that we all need to have some space, right?" I rub my arm up and down while watching him to reply.

"I -"

"Don't worry about it really its fine, I made you feel uncomfortable and it's my fault. I guess I'm too open minded for your taste." I watched him, heck I even took the blame, yet his face shows nothing, nothing at all, which is aggravating to look at. I grit my teeth and add, "I'll be in America anyways so that'll be nice to have a cool down, hope training camp goes well. Anyway, I'll be going now." I smile at him before walking off but once I turn the corner, I run crying.

I cried for the rest of the day till I had to go home and pack for my flight tomorrow, I messaged the group chat saying that my flight would be too late for them to send me off so all I got was have a save flight and hope you win.

But in truth I lied, I didn't want to see them or rather I didn't want them to see me, my face is all red and puffy and I look like I've been dragged through a bush. Why am I such a coward? A fucking pussy? I've changed I didn't use to be like this. Maybe it's best that I just stay in America.