Chapter 3

First practice

Bouncing into the boy's gymnasium is an over glorification of how I ripped the metallic doors off their hinges in my adrenaline rush to see them. To Inhale their manly reek of sweat and volleyball aerosols, I know I'm a freak by nature, it's just how momma made me.

All commotion in the gym comes to a halt in an epic slow-motion drill as all the little lads' swivel on their heels and bask in all my glory. Well, they're not little by any means, my eyes tear their clothes to shreds as they rake up from their Asics trainers to their purple shorts that cuddle tightly around each thigh all the way up to their sweat induced black tops. Oh, yes, I can already feel the tingles swell at my pussy and my legs begin to tremble.

Some balls are dropped, literally and figuratively when their hawk like eyes home in on me walking up to coach, a tired smile of a man wrinkles his wrinkles around his upper lip. The crowd goes wild, drop-dead silence cries out in the back when their jaws drop down to hell. Standing a foot away I find all eyes are on me even the green giant, Wakatoshi-kun? Is that his last name? Either way heart eyes pop out of my eye sockets once I see the number 1 bib on his chest, oh my I always knew I was a cliché bitch but please really, the goddamn captain!

I may as well star in my very own high school romcom at this point. The impossible life of Y/n.

Bowing to all of them, coach Washijo beckons everyone over to listen up, from my position every new and recognised face turns to look at me. Oh, there are some lookers and baby-faced boys here, looking too tasty to even take a nibble out of them.

"This here is your new manager," Coach turns to me, his short stature against all these big guys as well as the teaching advisor makes it difficult in holding in a giggle or two. "L/n Y/n, you may recognise that name from the L/n family players, former alumni of this school and now international S league players."

I watch as if not all the players eyes change from 'who's this pretty little thing?' to 'goddamn a new monster to deal with.'. Maybe that or the look of someone finding out there is bigger, much scarier monsters outside these hills, the world is a big scary place after all. But I do like that new fire in their eyes the minute coach sells me to the highest bidder not like these boys are on the same level to even try but I do appreciate the enthusiasm.

"She will not only be your manager, but she will be scrutinising all your plays, forms and skills for you lot to be the best. Understood." The last part never came out as a question but a demand.

Which makes me wonder, how have these boys not gone crazy yet from all his yapping? Either way they all without a beat come out with a 'Hai!'. Soldiers to a beckoning hand.

One by one they all begin to introduce themselves, each one of them bowing at a near missing nighty degree angle, one's black round bangs circumference around his face. Hanging like a curtain or a bowl cut, yep that's his name now.

"Ohayo! My, my name is, is Gogogogoshiki Tsutomu, first year and I play wing spiker and I'm going to be the next great ace of this team." without a beat his cherry cheeks fluster the moment he looks back up, and I think I hear his back click with the velocity of him springing back into a needle.

Cute.

Smiling at the next one which immediately diminishes it into a deep passive frown when his passive aggressive smug little face connects with mine, I have the sudden urge to kick him in the balls. Grab those shitty bangs and spit in his face, I hold this urge with a clench of my fist, gritting my teeth.