Chapter 13

Nationals part 3

It's the third day and probably the hardest day in nationals, not only is it round three but its also quarter finals. One in the morning and one in the afternoon that is if we make it passed round three, I don't doubt I just worry for them as there manager and as their friend to most of their dismay I care for them.

Fortunately for us our first opponent is against Nekoma, they focus more on teamwork and defence than most. Nothing flashy on their team but they do have an ace which says something, cat's vs a great white eagle, ooohhh exciting. We've been against a team that focuses on defence but none like them, this will be a challenge.

"Now go out there and win." Coach's words are so ever inspiring like always, so I take a step forwards, "Just because they aren't known for flashy moves it doesn't mean that they aren't planning something because I'll tell you right now. Their setter is always thinking, he's the brain of their team, they will correct their weaknesses and work on making yours worse. So, I say take advantage of their weaknesses while you still have the chance and when they work on you then we'll think of something new." I look at them all and see that they are all fired up for this match especially Wakatoshi he sure looks... eager.

I'm glad that my intense reading sesh on Nekoma and our quarter finals match gave me such interesting information. Nekoma works like a body where the setter is given free reign over the team while his teammates work to defend, he is busy working out possible strategies. Their captain and middle blocker Kuro is known to even shut down powerful spikes, he's cunning when it comes to blocking. Wakatoshi has yet to be blocked in this tournament and when it does happen its only a one-time thing. No one is that perfect even my precious Wakatoshi, he has room to grow.

The match starts off good and steady with Wakatoshi's extremely powerful spikes and serves I wonder what got his engine going. His aim seems to be better I'm just worried about his stamina I don't want him to waste it all, we've got another match to play. But I can see the Nekoma brain working out a way to stop Wakatoshi and to get around Satori's guess block.

The team looked about done when their captain and their number 7 actually blocked Wakatoshi, everything became silent and then the actual fucker had the gall to wink at me. No one and I mean no one fucks with ma man. Wakatoshi and everyone else didn't see that coming but luckily, they shrug off that new feeling away and continue on. To our dismay Nekoma takes the first set, I'm handing out their water bottles, Wakatoshi is already drinking energy drink, I frown at him.

"I want you to defy expectation, I want you to win and shove it in his lazy bed head, I want you to infect them, be the virus and cause them to die." I look away from him and turn to salty and puppy eyes, "Kenjiro your setting to Satori, I don't care when but you're going to use Wakatoshi as a decoy to get a point. Use it when you start to feel pressured, their setter will just naturally assume that the ball will go to the ace." I see his face flare, but coach gives him a stern look. I move my focus on sleepyhead, "Support the team more just because they don't have much of an offensive power doesn't mean that they don't have one. And Wakatoshi conserve your energy or I'll spank you." I clap my hands taking the bottles and towels, "Now go out there and make us proud." I happily add giving them a cheery smile. They all shout Hai at me, Wakatoshi is the last to leave before turning my way and nodding. Man isn't he hot.

The second set was tough we were down a set meaning that we would have to take this one and then the next to just get into the quarter finals. This isn't the first time that this has happened to us, but it sets the mood for this current set, they tend to rush, all eager to finish the set.

When bed head was in the back row our offensive power was at top notch but it meant that our serves would always be picked up by the fucker, I don't know if I prefer the spikes or the serves more. I can see salty getting agitated his sets are either failing or getting shut down, he looks at me and I give a slight nod, Wakatoshi goes in for a spike, he tosses but not to him, puppy eyes does a time differentiation attack and due to his height he is able to spike it above the block and gain a point. I watch as their setter didn't seem fazed but knew for a fact that he wasn't expecting that. I smile sadistically, salty looks at me pleased I can see him relaxing after getting a point. Honestly, setters and not getting a hit is quite annoying to deal with.