Chapter 3- Sleepover and Pranks?

thanks to writerwannabeZOMG for making me my previous cover! :) Edited by Selinah

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Ten minutes later Daniel's black Honda Civic was rounding the corner, I hopped in eager to be as far away from my parents as possible. 

 "So...mind tell me why you stormed out of your house?" he asks quirking an eyebrow. I began my sad tale from arriving to the new house to the empty pizza boxes. 

"Wait. You had to unpack. By yourself?! What kind of parents would do that?!" he exclaimed looking at me with disbelief. 

 "Yeah! And now I'm starving" I laughed at my statement, rubbing my stomach. 

"Good thing I'm here then. By the way Courtney is meeting us at the diner" he said smiling. 

 "Cool guess I'll know a couple of people at school on Monday then" I reply, smiling right back. Daniel took us to a quiet diner with a retro theme and welcoming waitresses. We were looking for a booth when a beautiful blonde came our way. 

"Daniel! Hey! I'm Courtney, Daniel's twin and you are....." she beamed. Her blonde hair hung loose reaching just past her shoulders in soft waves. Her eyes were the same piercing blue as Daniel's. She was dressed in a dark blue hoodie with black jeans that contrasted against her beautiful hair. 

 I extended my hand but got pulled into a bear hug instead. "I'm Amelia" I replied laughing. We settled into a booth and ordered our food, my stomach rumbling. I ordered a large chicken burger with large coke and fries with a slice of chocolate pie for dessert. If there's one thing I love it’s chocolate.

 "So Amelia do you play any sports?" Courtney asked a smile on her face. 

 "Well I was captain of the soccer team at my old school but I also play basketball" they were my two favourite sports, Chase and I would practice all the time at home since both of us were on the school team. 

 "Wow so you like your sports? I'm on the soccer team myself you should try out this year!" Courtney smiled warmly at me. 

"That would be great! So Daniel what sports do you play?" I asked I almost forgot he was here. It seems he was thinking the same thing. 

 "Remembered I was here did you?" he asked with a chuckle. "I play football, basketball and soccer though I'm good at ALL sports" he said smugly. 

 "You have such a big ego do you know that?" I asked shaking my head in amusement.

 Just then the food arrived. I dug into my burger demolishing it in a couple of minutes, before munching on my fries. I was about to start on my pie when I felt someone staring at me. I looked up to see the twins staring, shocked at my performance. 

 "I have never seen anyone eat as quickly as you" Daniel said in awe I just smiled sheepishly back at him. 

 "Sorry but apart from the breakfast I had in New York I haven't had anything to eat today. And I did do a lot of work today, don't forget" I said trying to defend my actions. Courtney chuckled "Relax Amelia he's just being a jerk" and with that she punched him on the arm. 

"That's twice in one day! I'm surrounded by violent women!" Daniel complained. Courtney raised an eyebrow "Twice?" she asked me. 

I laughed "I hit him on the plane" 

"Oh well then in that case hi five sister!" I laughed hi-fiving her while Daniel looked on shocked. I carried on eating my pie when I heard Daniel mutter something that sounded suspiciously like "Women, you can't stand them but you can't live without them" . 

"Wise words there Daniel" I said a bright grin on my face. I checked the time and it was well past eight. "Okay guys I think I should get home now" . As if on cue my phone rang, checking the caller ID I saw it was my brother. "What Chase?!" 

"Amelia when are you coming home?" 

"Now why?" 

"We've got dinner with the neighbours, think there name were the Carters? Anyway we're at their house you can come over if you like" 

 "You know what Chase screw you guys I'll stay at home" and with that I cut the call. 

 Chase called again but I just hit ignore before putting my face in my hands. "What's up Amelia?" Daniel asked concern on his face. 

 "My family has dinner with the Carters. And they went without asking me" 

"What are you going to do?" Courtney asked at the same time as Daniel asked "The Carters?" 

 "Stay at home I guess and yes the Carters, do you know them?" 

 "Yea their son Jake is the soccer captain" Daniel said darkly. 

"Be careful around him Amelia he's a player, you have no idea how many hearts he's broken" Courtney warned. 

 "Don't worry I know my way around players and Daniel has already warned me about him" I left out the part that I've already talked to him. 

 "Amelia how would you like to stay over at our house? Our parents are away for the weekend" Courtney said with a hopeful look on her face. 

 "Really? You guys won't mind?" I asked in disbelief. 

 "Nope come on it'll be fun we could watch movies and have a sleepover." Daniel said with a smile on his face. 

"You know what that sounds great!" 
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Daniel drove me back to my house, the ride only taking us ten minutes. After I invited him in we headed up to my room. 

 "Nice room" he said taking a seat on my bed. I let out a small chuckle "Thanks". 

 I walked around the room placing clothes for the night and tomorrow in my bag, I picked up my I-Pod and toiletries before facing Daniel again. "Okay I'm ready just need to call Chase to let him know where I'll be" 

 "Kay I'll carry your bag to the car, you know you carry light for a girl" he said teasingly. 

"Ha ha I'll see you soon" with that I pulled out my phone and called Chase. 

 "Chase?" there were sounds of a video game in the background and my idiot of a brother was shouting out 'die! die!'