Chapter 13 - I Ditch School

I couldn't seem to stop crying, the tears relentlessly pouring down; feeling cold and lonely I hugged my knees to my chest. Maybe I was overreacting, so Alex called me a bitch, it shouldn't affect me this much, but it does. He was-is my best friend, I've always been closer to him than the Julia and Michelle. Alex and I have been inseparable since our diaper days, constantly getting into trouble and having fun together, he was usually the peace maker in our group. The one to settle little arguments between us girls and the three of us usually calmed him down when he got in a fight with guys; but Alex never took sides in our arguments.

But he did this time, Julia's. The voice in my head corrected me, it only bothered me further. I was so damn confused! Why the hell did he blow up like that?!

"Mia honey, what happened? I could hear you shouting from downstairs" My Mum walks in wearing her robe, a block of chocolate in her hands.

"Alex and I had a fight" I lifted my head to look her in the eye, she gave me a look of surprise.

"Want to talk about it?" she asks gently, moving me to my bed and handing me some tissues.

"Not really-yes. It's just he blew up at me! He was all angry over the fight Julia and I had, Mum he called me a...bitch. I just don't get what I did wrong!" I shout crying harder.

"Oh Mia he was probably just angry. You know teenage boys and their hormones" she says pulling me into a comforting hug, I held onto her tighter feeling calmer in her presence.

"Try to get some sleep sweetheart and don't worry about school, I think you can afford to miss tomorrow" she places a kiss on my forehead and hands me the chocolate. Ah my Mum what would I do without her?

Unwrapping the chocolate with a small smile on my face I nibble away quietly, going over the fight again. Despite not knowing what it really was about, one thing was clear, my best friends were keeping secrets from me and I didn't like it one bit. The thought saddened me, best friends don't keep secrets from each other but it seems me moving to Los Angeles was the perfect excuse for them. I don't want to admit it but I have to face the truth, we were growing further and further apart just like I feared. If this was the outcome of me living in LA for two weeks what would happen after a year?

I fell asleep thinking on the possible things I could have possibly done wrong, the tears still streaming.

"Mia wake up kiddo" my dad's voice greets me, pulling me from my restless sleep. Groaning I sit up rubbing my eyes. "I'm leaving the key to my car here, when you feel better drop by the diner so I can keep an eye on you okay?" he looks at me and worry is clear in his eyes.

I nod managing to give him a weak smile as he ruffles my hair, "How are you going to get to work?" I ask.

"Your brother is dropping me off" with that he walks out leaving me to get ready for the day. I walk to the bathroom and cringe at the sight, no wonder my dad looked worried I thought staring at my reflection. Tear tracks lined my face and my nose was red, my messy bed hair didn't help either. My eyes were the worst feature however, rimmed with red and slightly puffed. Sighing I wash my face deciding to take a shower after my jog. Slipping into some track pants and a loose shirt I brush my teeth and comb my hair into a ponytail.

Picking up my phone and IPod I put them in my pockets and grab a breakfast bar from the kitchen. Locking the front door after me I jog happily down the street thankful for the time to myself. Twenty minutes into my jog my phone buzzes with a text from Courtney.

'Where are you? Are you okay? Chase told me he doesn't know either'

I reply smiling at her concern 'On a run, got to keep fit. Will explain later'.