Chapter 6 - The Diner and Bella

Dedicated to Abby_hpfreak for commenting and being a good friend 

***EDITED BY SELINAH*******

____________________________________________________________________________ 

I trudge into the car park, glad to go home after an exhausting day at school, only to remember I have to go to the new diner my parents bought. I lean back against Jake's car waiting for the boys to arrive. English was horrible Miss Wilson was an enthusiastic talker and spent most of the time talking about the importance of studying English. On the plus side however, Jake couldn't speak to me without interrupting her. Music was by far, better, the teacher Miss Meyers was a sweet lady who let us enjoy ourselves chatting for the lesson. I'm going to skip past the whole history lesson because it was too traumatic to talk about; who knew history could be that boring? I swear the teacher's monotone voice was the reason I fell asleep. Last but not least gym which is my forte, sadly Coach Dale only had us running on the track field.

Fifteen minutes later the boys arrive with Chase looking extremely flustered, his shirt was ruffled, and his hair was messy like he had been running his hand through it and his lips were red and swollen. I narrow my eyes suspiciously and he squirms under my gaze.

"Amelia come to the car park straight after school!" I mock Chase. "Seriously Chase? It's the first day and you've already made out with someone".

He blushes furiously while Jake bursts into laughter. "She's got you there man!" Chase scowls and punches Jake's shoulder playfully giving me a glare at the same time. Jake was still bent over laughing; he won't be laughing once I'm done with him

"And you Jake? What took you so long? Surely you only need five minutes to get changed from gym? It's been fifteen minutes! Were you prettying yourself up?" I ask the last bit in the baby voice he had used on me earlier. Jake gave me a glare before a smirk took place, I watch cautiously as he walks over to where I am standing. He places his right hand next to my face, and leans in to whisper into my ear. 

"Baby I don't need to 'pretty' myself up it comes naturally" at this I let out a loud snort, not very ladylike but it's not like I care what he thinks.

"Yeah ok...... Jakey poo" I smirk crossing my arms over my chest. 

"Wouldn't want Chase to know about your secret boyfriend now, would we?" he whispers leaning even closer, this new position meant that his chest was pressed up against mine and I could practically feel his abs through his shirt. I roll my eyes, trying to ignore the close proximity before leaning closer too "You need to get your facts rights if you want to blackmail me Carter". Now that there was minimal-if any space between us; I  could see the little details on his face such as the specks of green in his blue eyes, the way his eyebrows raised in an attempt to intimidate me, only to make him look all that more handsome and those soft, pink, kissable- stop Amelia focus!

"When are you going to stop denying it? I've seen how you look at him!" he asks with an annoyed look taking over his face. 

"Why do you care so much? And have you ever seen us holding hands? Kissing? Acting lovey dovey?" I ask equally annoyed if not more. 

"That's beside the point!" he mutters angrily. 

"No that is the point!" I exclaim throwing my hands up in the air.

"Look at you two fighting like an old, married, couple" Chase interrupts, amused.

"We are not fighting like a married couple!" we both shout angrily. We glare at him, but I was secretively thankful, he saved me from a very strange argument.