Chapter 28 - The First Date

I fidgeted with the hem of my purple sweater dress, wondering whether I should change out of it not. I bit my lip as I took in my appearance, the dress, black jeans and my hair which was curled into soft waves. My lips were tinted with red and my eyes stood out thanks to the mascara I had applied. I can't believe I'm going on a date with Jake...my boyfriend.

I feel a grin creep up onto my face and can't control the small giggles that escape my lips as I get giddy from the thought. It just felt so right...calling him that. The giggles intensify when I remember the incident in the morning, when Chase walked in on us cuddling. Let's just say the sight was not pretty.

I groan slightly as the sunlight streams through the uncovered windows, turning around I snuggle closer to my pillow...which just seemed to be moving. I furrow my eyebrows, refusing to open my eyes and break my sleep as I try to remember yesterday's events. My eyes snap open as I recall that I was not cuddling with my pillow, instead I was cuddling Jake.

Our legs were tangled together and his arm was wrapped securely around my waist, my head tucked away in the crook of his neck. I was pulled flush against his arm laying underneath my head. I felt myself blush at the intimate position and slowly lifted my head praying that Jake was still asleep. I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw that he was indeed, still asleep.

I found myself staring at him, drinking in his features hungrily. He had a serene expression on his face, his hair falling onto his forehead casting a shadow on his eyelids. His sharp jaw and cheekbones and those soft lips which had kissed me which were now curved into a small smile. Damn, he's hot.

On their own accord I found my fingers tracing his jaw, moving up to brush the hair off his face, he stirred slightly and before I knew it I was on my back with Jake hovering above me. I look up at him in shock, my eyes as wide as saucers and my breaths coming out in short pants.

"You know, you make it really difficult to keep my hands off of you" he all but growled as he brushed his nose against mine, his voice was husky since he had just gotten up and it sent shivers down my spine.

"And why's that?" I ask him, my voice just above a whisper. He gives me a soft smile, complete honesty in his eyes and confidence in his tone as he answered.

"Because you're a beautiful, smart and incredibly stubborn girl" he adds the last part just to annoy me and I scowl as I shove him off me.

"Jerk" I mutter and he laughs a cheeky glint in his eyes as he pulls me closer to him so that my left shoulder is touching his chest.

"You love it" he murmurs his head buried in the crook of my neck.  I roll my eyes but don't move away, enjoying the warmth and comfort being in Jake's arms brings me. Unfortunately the sweet moment was ruined by my overprotective brother barging in.

"Hey Amelia have you-WHAT THE HELL!" his eyes turn wide in shock  and I curse under my breath, Jake meanwhile had fallen off the bed in shock. And if my brother wasn't looking like he'd kill someone I would've laughed.

"Jake bloody Carter I'm going to bloody kill you for defiling my little sister" Chase growled in a scarily calm voice and I quickly jump out of bed to stand in front of him.

"Woah calm down Chase nothing like that happened here!"  I tell him placing my hands on his chest to stop him advancing on Jake who looked like he was about to faint any second now. Could this situation get any more awkward? Or wierd for that matter?

"Really? Then why was he in the same bed as you?" he asks looking down at me with heavy sckeptism.

"We fell asleep okay?! Nothing happened! I swear" he gives me a glare and backs off but not before giving a stern warning to Jake. "I'm keeping an eye on you Carter and I swear you hurt my sister's heart and I'll personally break all your bones"