Chapter 4- A Game Of Soccer Anyone?

Edited by Selinah 14/2/14. Picture of Daniel off to the side

Chase stormed up to us, with his long legs the long walk took merely seconds, well that's what it felt like anyway. A fiery glare was being directed at Daniel as Chase stood in front of us, arms crossed over his chest, looking like the picture of intimidation. To Daniel's credit, he held Chase's gaze the water still flowing from the hose. He drops the hose and retracts the arm around my waist.

 Thankfully Courtney switched the water off before stepping in "Uh you must be Amelia's brother, ? I'm Courtney" she said extending her hand. It seemed my brother was still too angry to respond as he gave her a curt nod before facing me.

I flinch at the anger in his eyes and look away from his stony gaze, I have no idea why he was so angry. It's not like I ran away from home without telling anyone.

"H-h-how" I clear my throat in an attempt to stop my stuttering "How did you get here?"

"Jake drove me" he answered in a hard tone eyeing the space between Daniel and I, which probably wasn't big enough for my protective brother. "Anyway I'm here to take you home Mom is going berserk, you're grounded from the moment you step in the house apparently". I didn't move and replied in the same hard tone.

"I'll be there in an hour I have to help Courtney with something" switching my gaze to Courtney and pleading her to go along with it.

"Yeah. Come on you guys get changed or you'll catch a cold" she ushered us into the house, all three of us going upstairs to get changed, leaving Chase and Jake standing in the hallway awkwardly. I quickly changed into a white blouse and black tights, packing up my stuff. While we were changing Courtney and I discuss how awesome our prank were so we burst into laughter.

Once downstairs, I immediately notice the tense atmosphere with Chase glaring at Daniel and Jake just standing around awkwardly.

"Chase you can go, I'm coming I promise" I sigh.

"No can do Mia. Mom specifically said to bring you home myself. Bring your bags. Now" Chase said angrily. I huff before storming upstairs and gathering my bags. There was no point in arguing with an angry Chase. Once again I descended the stairs hugging Courtney and Daniel (much to my brother’s anger) goodbye.

"Thanks you guys for letting me stay over and good luck removing the makeup Dan. I owe you guys" I said smiling at Daniel who frowned at my teasing.

"Yeah you owe us big time Johnson" Daniel said in a teasing tone. I smile before following my two pig-headed 'guards'. Jake's car was impressive a Porsche Cayenne. While Jake and Chase sat upfront I plonked myself on the backseat, staring moodily out of the window. I quickly checked my phone sighing when there was no response from my three best friends.

"What did you do to get grounded anyway?" Chase asks turning in his seat to face me. I just scowl facing the window in the hopes that he'd leave me alone what a change of mood my brothers gone through. "Mia.." he warned.

"I yelled at her throughthe phone before hanging up on her" I mumbled the two boys obviously heard as they started snickering

"That's all?" Jake asked in disbelief.

"It wasn't even my fault! I called you to let them know where I am anyway. Wait. You did tell her didn’t you?!" I asked angrily giving a pointed look towards Chase. He suddenly turned away rubbing the back of his neck nervously

"Imighthaveforgottentotellher" he mumbled quickly.

"What? Speak up!" I said my anger rising. He cleared his throat. "I might have forgotten to tell her"