Chapter 9- What You Aren't A Fan Of 1D? ;)

• Dedicated to To my awesome little sister

The hallways were buzzing with noise as students went to put away their books and talked with their friends. I dodge a group of jocks who were too busy shoving each other to notice students around them, I was about to turn the corner to walk to the cafeteria when I see a surprising sight. Leaning against the lockers were Sasha and Jake who were currently engaged in a lip locking session, which they both seemed to be enjoying. While the scene wasn't inappropriate (thankfully) it did cause a strange sensation to form in my stomach.

Since when were those two a thing??

I quickly shake my head to dismiss my thoughts and lined up to get my share of food. Ten minutes later, I was seated out on the field enjoying the last of the Fall weather. The group was larger than usual today, since the band had joined us. We were all happily chatting away when Zach turned to look behind me and burst out laughing. I turn around confused, wondering what was so funny. My curiosity was soon fulfilled when I see Chase walking towards us with a bright red handprint on his cheek.

 It didn't take a genius to work out what happened, especially if you've known Chase as well as me. I'm pretty sure that handprint was caused by one of the girls who he's played and obviously broken up with. As he approached closer I gave him a cold look, just because I acknowledged the fact he's a player, doesn't mean I approve. But the boy just wouldn't listen!

 I see my brother walking towards me with a bright red hand print on his cheek; now anyone else and they would probably feel sorry for him but I couldn’t care less.

 "Do you have the concealer?" he asks, not bothering to whisper.

"Wait this has happened before?" Daniel asks struggling to keep his laughter in. I nod and pull out the unused concealer bottle. I don't use the stuff but it comes in handy with situations like these. I slap down on Chase's hand and finish off my coke.

"Wait. You're not going to apply it for me?" Chase asks in disbelief and I nod.

"You know, you deserved it. If you want help ask someone else. Now what was this girl's name?" I ask in a dismissive tone.

There was a long pause before he muttered "Hailey".

"Well at least you remembered her name" I reply sarcastically before getting up and gathering my rubbish. "See you guys later".

Throwing away my rubbish in a nearby bin I enter the school building. I walk past Jake and another cheerleader making out and head to the girl's bathrooms; no doubt Hailey would be in here. My anger was boiling up inside me; I was done with my brother and his player ways. I hated how he would lead on a girl and dump her when she got too close. I don't think he realises, but I'm pretty sure he's just scared of getting hurt. 

I was determined to find Hailey, Chase's first and smartest victim in LA (seeing as she slapped him); Chase has no idea how low a girl's self esteem gets when he dumps them. I should know, I've dealt with my fair share of 'Why am I not good enough for your brother?' and I'm going to make sure Hailey is not one of them.

Sure enough when I enter the bathroom there's a small group of girls consoling someone. Right, time to put your game face on Mia "Um...Hailey?" I call out uncertainly; well there goes your game face.

The one in the middle of the group looks up. I take in her features, sky blue eyes bloodshot from all the crying and tear tracks running down her face. Her brown wavy hair was left open and she looked about the same age as my brother so I'm guessing she's a senior, a pretty one too.

"I'm sorry" I say honestly looking directly in her eyes, the speech I was preparing on my way here had gone out the window.

She tilts her head to the side in confusion "For what? I don't even know you" she responds in a soft voice.