Chapter 16 - An Afternoon With The Player

• Dedicated to Everyone who has read/commented/voted on this story so far :)

Having endured a tiresome day, I decide against following Jake's orders, I change out of my gym clothes in record time and race out of the school doors hoping that Jake was still changing. I walk quickly dodging groups of friends, rowdy jocks and couples walking hand in hand. It seemed that majority of the school chose now to exit the building meaning that one, there were plenty of people to hide behind if I see Jake and two, the foot traffic meant that I couldn't race out of the car park as fast as I wanted. 

The odds were not in my favour, that much was made clear when I notice a black haired boy running towards me with a determined look set on his face. My eyes widen in surprise, shock and panic as they lock onto his navy blue ones; well he's definitely not changing anymore. Shaking myself out of my shocked state I turn to sprint the hell out of here when a warm, rough hand latches onto my arm and yanks me into a hard chest. Great! Jeez, what does this guy eat? Oats of steel?

"I eat Coco Puffs actually. I hate oats" Jake comments looking down at me with a small smile. Oh my...even though it's just a slight tilt of the lips it looks sooooo good. Woah. What the HELL are you thinking Amelia Johnson!!! Snap out of it!!!!!

"I said that out loud huh?" I ask rhetorically running a hand over my hair. Jake nods and leans down so that his breath hits my ear; I control my urge to shiver and try to stay composed. I must have been trying really hard because when I look down, Jake's arms were wrapped around my waist pressing me against him. And man, did that feel good....Damn hormones! 

This is ridiculous I'm arguing with myself!! And all over a player that can't keep his hands to himself, man I think I'm close to going crazy.

"What did I say about running away Johnson?" he whispers into my ear "Now we can do this the easy way or the hard way. Your pick" with that he straightens out and looks into my eyes, a challenge written in the blue pools.

I sigh wearily, feigning defeat and Jake grins with triumph. Not so fast buddy! I'm not giving up that easily. "Guess I pick the hard way then" I smirk tearing myself from Jake's grasp and running past the crowd of students who were openly gaping at the two of us. Probably wondering what the new girl was doing with player...

"What the-" Jake shouts before sprinting towards me "There's no point in running Johnson! I'll win either way!" he shouts arrogantly. 

"In your dreams Carter!" I yell over my shoulder, picking up my pace when I hear his heavy footsteps coming closer.

I weave through people nearly crashing into a few, a flicker of hope runs through me when I see the edge of the parking lot coming into view, just a few more steps and I'll be home free. I knew being a soccer player would pay off one day-.  

"Oh for the love of all things holy" I say annoyed when Jake's muscular arm pulls me back into a warm embrace, my back pressed up against his chest.

"What did I say Angel? I always win" he whispers into my ear and I instinctively lean back into him, accepting his warmth. "Now since you can't be trusted to actually listen to me I'm forced to take cautionary actions".

I stiffen at his words and get ready to pull away but Jake had already predicted my action and as a result, tightened his hold on me. Swiftly he turns me around and hoists me over his shoulder, keeping me there with his arm. His body was shaking and vibrating under me and it took me several seconds to realise he was laughing at me.

"I'm feeling a sense of Déjà vu" I mutter and Jake just chuckles not even fazed by the number of people looking our way now. I wonder how many other girls he has kept hostage like this? I would under normal circumstances be pounding on his back right now with my fists, but since that didn't work the first time; I'll doubt it'll work now.