Chapter 17- The She-Devil Has A Little Sister?

Dedicated to this awesome person you should check out her story 'Falling for a game' 

**********************************************

It's been two weeks since the afternoon with Jake, things fell into place. A routine built up with me juggling soccer practice, shifts at the diner and homework. School went by slowly with no more drama from Sasha, which, instead of making me feel at ease only made me feel more paranoid. As for Chase....well that situation was going too well either, I really hurt him and it's killing me. We have never been in a fight for more than a couple days at the most.

Now, it seems we can't even last a short ten minute car ride to and from school without an awkward and tense silence hanging in the air. It was safe to say that we tried to avoid each other as much as possible; my parents obviously sensed something was wrong but trusted us to be mature enough to handle it on our own. Yeah 'cause that's working out great so far......

I sigh rolling onto my back and staring up at my white ceiling, ah the beauty of plain ceilings, so.....fascinating. It was a beautiful Saturday morning, the sun was just rising above the horizon and the early morning mist lingered in the air, it was beautiful picture perfect moment. One that I had captured earlier with my camera.

Seeing as there was no point lying down doing nothing, I drag my feet towards the bathroom going through my morning ritual, minus the shower. Still in my pyjamas, an over-sized t-shirt and some loos shorts I walk towards the kitchen; I stop in my tracks however when I notice my brother digging through the cupboards for something to eat. Unlike me he couldn't cook to save his life. I bite my bottom lip thoughtfully, I had two options right now, make an attempt at a conversation and try to patch things up or walk away and hide away in my room for the rest of the day. As tempted as I was by the second option, I knew I had to sort this out sooner or later and what better time than the present.

"Hey Chase" I say softly hesitantly stepping into the kitchen, Chase turns around a surprised and confused look on his face as he studies me. His arm was still in the cupboard, he too was dressed in his pyjamas, similar to what I wear.

"Hey" he says gruffly before turning his attention back towards his task of finding something to eat.

"Do you want some French toast? I was just about to make some" I ask hesitantly hoping he wasn't too angry that he couldn't even have breakfast with his little sister. I purposely used French toast as a bargaining chip, we loved the dish since we were little when our Dad would let make us the eggy bread in different shapes. It used to be tradition when we were younger to have French toast every other Saturday.

Chase hesitates for a couple of a minutes and we stand there looking at each other, the awkwardness in the air shouldn't be there, we should be able to communicate like normal siblings but I stuffed that up and now I'm determined to fix it.

"It'll be like when we were kids and Dad would sprinkle sugar on top" I cut through the silence, my bottom lip caught in between my teeth as I nervously await his response. "I can even cut the bread into rocket shapes if you like?" I ask with a small smile.

"Rockets are so immature, nah I'd like it in the shape of a car" he says with a small smile and I chuckle lightly taking out the ingredients while Chase takes a seat at the island. With my back towards him now, I suck in a small breath mentally preparing myself for argument that will ensue from my apology.

"Chase I'm so sorry" I start turning around to face him guilt and regret running through me. Chase simply avoids my eyes and I let out a sigh turning my attention back to the toast while I try to think of what to say next. "I shouldn't have said all those things to you that day, especially because I didn't mean them. I was being a total and complete bitch to you and you had-have every right to be angry at me" I take in a deep breath turning the toast over before continuing, at this point I don't even know if Chase is still in the room or whether he decided to bail when my back was turned. I wouldn't blame him if he did.