Chapter 14 -Secrets...How Stupid Could I Have Been?

Warning some strong language ahead...more like pg13 but warning just in case. Thank you to all those reading and just a message to you awesome people I would really love it if you could comment (and you don't even have to vote :))

************************************************************************************************************

"Nothing stays secret forever"- Jennifer R. Hubbard

Well...you see...oh crap!” I muttered gazing at the floor intently hoping that the answer would just magically appear. I fiddle with my hands but look up when I hear footsteps coming our way, to my dismay it’s Chase. Great! Now I love Chase and all but sometimes his protective side can be a bit too much to handle; something I’m going to have to deal with now.

“We’re waiting” Chase mutters taking a seat on the couch Jake joining him.

“UGH! Okay so Chase, you know about the fight between Julia and me” I pause and he nods “Well Alex called, pissed, wanting to know what we fought about and basically called me a bitch. Strangely he was really protective over Julia. Then he said something about Ben and Michelle’s hidden love or something...Do you know anything about that?” I look at Chase and he looks murderous, Jake’s jaw is clenched tightly but he doesn’t look angry at me anymore.

“I have my suspicions but I don’t know for sure, if only we were in New York than I could kick that Alexander Smith” Chase spits a dark look passing his face.

“You’re not a bitch you know that right Mia? And who is Ben?” Jake asks looking into my eyes, sincerity clear in them. I smile and nod my head. It’s strange how I find comfort in Jake telling me that...

“Ben is her recent ex-boyfriend. Complete prick, he dumped her through a text” Chase answers his second question. I stare at Chase for a while and am relieved to see he’s calmed down a bit, I really don’t want to handle an angry Chase.

“You know what? I have the perfect idea on how to find out what’s happening back in New York” I exclaim digging in my pocket for my phone. Chase had given me the perfect solution to my problem, all these questions running inside my head needed to be answered somehow.

“Who are you calling?” Chase asked.

“Natalie” I reply referring to one of my good friends who took over my captain position in the Jackson High girls’ soccer team. She was beautiful and a sweet friend with an evil side to match. She was also dating Jace, her beautiful blond hair and blue eyes matching his brown eyes and hair perfectly. I always used to think how they were so stupid to not realise the chemistry between them; now look at them, happily in love.

I dialled her number and within a few seconds she picked up “Put her on speaker phone” Chase whispered in the background and I complied. There was no point in arguing, Chase wanted answers as much as I did, and his number one priority was protecting me.

“MIA! Gosh it’s been so long since we last talked! You have no idea how many times I nearly punched Michaela after you left! Honestly if Jason wasn’t here to keep me company I would’ve flown out to see you the minute you left” she rambled and I chuckled softly. Good old Natalie always able to put a smile on my face.

“I’m flattered Nat, but try to keep calm you don’t want to get suspended do you? By the way you’re on speaker phone with Chase and Jake, my friend listening in” I inform her.

“Great I probably freaked out Jake now right?” she sighs and Jake laughs.

“Nope you seem pretty normal” he talks into the phone, since I’m now sitting in between Chase and Jake.