Epilogue - The End

Amelia walked along the aisle, her feet moving to the steps of music. Her gaze flitted across the church and she smiled at a couple of family members in the pews before diverting her attention to the man she was walking the aisle with. He met her gaze, his blue eyes sparkling with love and affection as they walked towards the altar. It amazed her how, after all this time, those eyes of his never failed to take her breath away. They parted ways at the altar but not before Jake sneaked in a kiss on the cheek, the sight enough to enitce a laugh out of an anxious Chase. She blushed as she stood in line with the other bridesmaids and cast a reassuring smile towards her brother, who was fidgeting with his tie, his fingers twitching.

He gave her an anxious smile back and she had to bite down the laugh that so desperately wanted to escape. While to some, it may look like he was getting cold feet, she knew that he couldn't wait until he and Hailey were bonded together as husband and wife. In the pews their parents sat, all dolled up in their finest clothing. Her father was sporting a proud look in his eyes as he gazed upon his son while her mother was desperately trying not to ruin her make-up, little sniffles escaping her.

Amelia's thoughts wondered to her own wedding day and she imagined how her parents would react then, she had a funny feeling that her parents would trade places and it would be her dad crying on her big day. As for the groom...if today would be anything to go by then she'd need to hold onto something to survive the way her heart raced when she saw him dressed in a tux. If she thought her fiance was handsome before, she didn't know how to describe him in a tux. The dark fabric outlining his broad shoulders and heightening the the colour of his navy blue eyes.

Trying to calm down her racing heart she starts playing with the fabric of her pale pink dress, the silk like material flowed through her fingers and she cringed as she remembered how long it took for Hailey to be happy with the dress. It had required several (painful) hours in which Amelia was poked and prodded with needles as the seamtresses struggled to get the final dress perfect. At least the end product was beautiful. She had a sweetheart neckline, which was littered with silver beads. The dress hugged her waist and accentuated her curves before free flowing to her ankles. All the other bridesmaids were dressed similarily.

She was shaken from her thoughts by the traditional music playing to announce the bride's entrance, Hailey would have entered after the bridesmaids if it hadn't been for the badly-timed dress malfunction. A smile lights her face as she watches her future sister-in-law walk down the aisle. Her strapless dress was simple yet stunning, the colour of ivory. There was a white ribbon wrapped around her waist which hid the rip in the material that had somehow appeared in the early hours of the morning. A veil covered Hailey's face as she walked up the aisle with her faher, a boquet of pink orchids in hand. Chase couldn't seem to contain himself as he beamed, eagerly taking Hailey's hand and leading her up to the altar. The action enticing a few more laughs from the guests, he whispered a compliment to her so that only she could hear and the ceremony soon began.

Amelia found herself sniffling at their heartfelt vows and the way the couple spoke with such love and conviction. Jake catches her eye and sends her a heart warming smile, trying to comfort her despite their distance. She sends him a watery smile back before drawing in a deep breath and breaking into a smile as the Reverend pronounces her brother and Hailey husband and wife.

The newly wed couple raced down the aisle to the front doors of the church and everyone watches, stunned as they laugh along. Murmurs arise as to what they are doing and confusion races through Amelia, this was not part of the plan. The parents quickly race after them and the bridesmaids and groomsmen soon follow suit. What she found caused her to bubble up in laughter, disbelief coursing through her. Hailey had told her multiple times what a romantic her brother was but she was never present to see one of his romantic gestures. Now watching as hundreds of rose petals flew through the air and surrounded the two as they danced in the church's field she understood exactly what Hailey meant. Chase has organized the two, to have their first dance as husband and wife to be under the rain-the rain of roses; it was something Hailey had desired and he somehow made it come true.

"That brother of yours is half-crazy I tell you" Jake mutters to his fiance as they watch the couple dance. Amelia only laughs, wrapping her arms around his neck and sinking into his embrace.

"Are you telling me that you wouldn't do the same if I asked to dance under rose petals?" she raises an eyebrow as he looks down at her. He rolls his eyes, resting his forehead against hers.

"You know I would, I'd do whatever I could to make you happy" he pecks her lips and she grins.

"And this is why Dan, calls you whipped" she teases chuckling at the frown that graces his lips.
"I'm not whipped" he answers and she nods along.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night babe" throwing him a cheeky wink she steps away from his embrace and walks towards the reception area to ensure all the guests are seated and attended to.

The rest of the wedding seems to fly by, the husband and wife duo entering the marque where the reception was being held (on the expanse of green behind the church) not too long after their dance. Once everyone had eaten and the speechs were made, Amelia having made one that managed to embarrass both her brother and her new sister-in-law. She smirked to herself as they both blushed furiously and took her seat next to Jake. He shook his head at her antics and whispered into her ear.

"You do realise they will do the same thing to us at our wedding, don't you" this comment got him a flat look and she whispered back.

"You do realise they were going to that anyway right? May as wel get in first"

"Would you two love birds quit it for a few minutes already" Daniel's grumbled complaint caused them to look his way, both of them sporting teasing looks.

"Oh, I'm sorry are we bothering you?" she asks.

"Or are you just missing Lily?" Jake adds with a smirk watching as his friend starts blushing. It seems Daniel's relationship with Lily was slowly healing, the two still coming to terms with their break up. While everything wasn't completely fine between them, they were definitely better then before.

Daniel grumbles a bit more before heading off into the dance floor to talk to his sister who was busy dancing away with Lucas.

"Care to dance my lady?" Jake asks, extending his hand to Amelia.

"Why thank you, kind sir" she giggles placing her hand in his and following him onto the makeshift dance floor. The two love birds dance along goofily to the song blasting, their laughter ringing through the air. Just as the song ends Jake pulls Amelia into his arms and kisses her.

The emotions that raced through Amelia were indescribable and she knew the sparks she felt with Jake would never fade away. A grin graces her lips as she kisses her fiance, they were meant to be. In a year they'd be dancing at their own wedding and Jake would be her husband, she'd go on to finish her degree and open up her own business while Jake would continue to take the soccer world by storm. Their futures looked bright and as they danced under the marque she sent a silent thank you to the heavens for bringing Jake and her together.

And to think this all started when she moved to Los Angeles.

✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾

And that's a wrap! I can't believe it, it's finished. It took my nearly two years to complete but it's finished and I couldn't have done it without you. Those of you who read, commented and voted on my story. So thank you, it meant a lot, especially since this is my first book. The fact that this is actually finished still hasn't sunk in yet.

I would also like to say a big thank you to my two best friends (You know who you are) for being there every step of the way. For pushing me when I was too lazy to update, for listening to all my rants and questions on how the story was going, for giving me ideas/advice when I was stuck. And for just being there for me :D I love you guys :)

There may/may not be a spin off I'll update this if there is. However I will be posting a new story this year around July/August called 'Lakeview's Outcast' if you want to check that out :D