20: Bitter Sweet

~~ Niall ~~

"Remind me why I let you two drag me over here again?" Izzy hissed for what seemed the thousandth time. Our feet pounded against the heavy pavement as we neared the enormous hotel front doors.

My fingers, suddenly were on the silver handle of the door, and I tugged it open. Walking in, Liam, and Izzy trailed behind me. "Well, because it's a nice gesture, and there was no one else available to help Amanda. . . So- And Zayn asked us to pitch in," I finished, my eyes narrowing at the sight of the full café.

"Sounds more 'like force you to help' to me," she blurted out, rolling her puffy green eyes.

"Well, I couldn't just say no, could I?" Liam pouted, extending his arms a bit in the air. A smirk rose upon my lips the second Izzy growled. She was rather hot headed today and it was obvious she didn't want to be here. It was hard for her; dealing with Zayn's sudden announcement and Amanda walking all over her. I didn't blame her for not wanting to be here.

"I still don't understand why I had to tag along though!" she huffed, crossing her pale, freckly arms over her.

I held back a chuckle, and placed my arm around her small shoulders. Liam disappeared, heading off towards the front counter, leaving the two of us alone. "Look, I'm not so hot about being here either, but I'd do anything to help a mate. . . even though. . . You know he's marrying the wro-"

"You aren't helping," she sighed, furrowing her brows.

"Right, sorry. . . I mean, at least they'll have food?" I gave her a wide grin and she shook her head lightly.

"You have a point, I guess," she smiled, playfully nudging me with her elbow.

"Alright the girl at the front desk said its outside. So let's go," Liam said, scurrying past us. We dragged our feet across the wine colored carpet and outside, back into the cool, spring air. The smell of chopped lamb filled the air as we got closer to the party.

"Whoa. . ." I heard Liam mutter under his breath. The air suddenly became cooler. The whole place was filled with bright yellow lights, a few tan colored decorations hung from the center of the huge, white tent.

"You have got to be kidding me," Izzy whispered behind us.

The sound of the nearby fountain broke my gaze and I said, "I know, talk about rich snob." A familiar giggle rattled from behind, and I saw Izzy smile.

"Emma!" She grinned as she turned around. I peered around my right shoulder and saw Emma running over to us.

"Whoa!" Liam exclaimed. "What are you doing here?" He leaned down and gave his cousin a small peck on the cheek and she smiled up at him.

"Well, I decided to help. . . Or maybe ruin a lil' certain engagement party."

"You wouldn't dare!" I smirked, avoiding the inevitable contact.

"Who says I won't," she smiled, sending me a playful glance.

"Oooh, this is gonna be fun!" Izzy squeaked, jumping a bit. "Where do we start?" My eyes widening at them as they giggled loudly.

"Liam?!" I frantically whispered. "Please tell me you're going to do something! I mean what if Amanda comes in and see's-"

"Relax, Nialler I got this." He patted my shoulder, walked towards the giggling, jumping girls. "Ladies, ladies!" He shouted a bit, and their heads snapped up at him.

"Normally I would say anything stop you. . . but. . ." We all anxiously stared at him, a small lump forming in the back of my throat. "But, that bitch needs to learn a lesson!"