Together Again

CHAPTER 43 - Together Again

Eve's POV

"No." Beth stated simply while sipping on her blood and wine mix. I huffed, narrowing my eyes at her, but she only arched one eyebrow back at me.

"But, why?" I whined, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Look, you're emotional right now. I don't know if it would be the best decision. And what do you plan to do? Bring her here?" She argued, looking at as I sat back on the chair, annoyed. She was right. God, I hated how she was always right.

"I just miss her, she thinks I'm dead, Beth!" I groaned, crossing my arms against my chest.

"Maybe it's best if she does." She muttered back, and I growled lowly under my breath.

Beth just sighed, as she put her glass on the table. She then got up and walked towards me, slowly, until she was sitting on my lap. And even though I wasn't exactly happy with her at the moment, I still sneaked my arms around her waist and brought her closer.

"I hate seeing you sad." She whispered, looking me in the eye before I buried my head in the crook of her neck.

I had been moping around the mansion for the past few weeks. I was just too overwhelmed with everything that was happening. It seemed that everything was crumbling down on me at once.

My best friend hated me and for all I knew, wanted me dead. My biological mother was a psycho backstabber that got my girlfriend's family killed, and was probably coming back to finish the job any day now. Two of my best friends had died in a war that was caused by me. And now it was my little sister's birthday and she was probably going through hell, thinking that her older sister was dead.

"I just..." I couldn't even finish my words, as small strangled sobs came out from my mouth.

"I know you miss her, love, but you can't just show up out of nowhere as if nothing happened." She said, caressing my hair. I sighed, she was right.

"No one else has to know, I just want to see her." I muttered, but that only made her laugh lowly.

"You can't exactly appear to her and say, 'Hey sis, I know it's been a long time but see, I was kidnapped by this crazy hot Vampire lass, that used me as a sex slave, got killed and then was brought back to life by her, and now we're dating... oh and also, dad was an Angel making you a Nephilim and me a hybrid, since my bitch of a birthmother was a Vampire.' Can you?" She asked. I chuckled slightly, looking back at her. Beth was the only one who could make me laugh at times like these.

"Yeah, she would totally flip. But it is going to be so hard to be so near and not talk to her." I said with a sigh. She nodded.

"You don't need to go if you don't want to." She said caringly, but I promptly shook my head. No way I would miss the chance to see my baby sister.

"I'm going." I stated, making her nod with a small smile.

I then raised my head, as I heard people coming towards us. I was still getting used to being a Vampire, but I had to admit that the enhanced senses were awesome. I then breathed in, with a smile, as I picked up the different scents that I was beginning to grow accustomed to.

The first one was a slightly spicy one, it kind of reminded me of cinnamon or something of the sort. And I knew that it belonged to Sophia. Trailing right after her, was Samantha's distinctive 'forest after the rain' smell, and even though I could clearly still smell it since I was still human, it was much stronger now.

Then Nyx came in, the slight smell of sulphur trailing off of her. It was faint now, as it only got stronger when she was having strong emotions, and honestly, I was glad for that. Sulphur was definitely not the best smell in the world. After her, came Amitiel, who, curiously enough, didn't have a scent at all. Although Beth had told me that no Angel did.