Attack

{Mika Veri - Henri Castelli}

CHAPTER 9 - Attack

Eve's POV

I stood up from my couch and went to the garage. I just couldn't stay home anymore, I had to talk to someone. Before I realized, I was already on the road. Time passed by quickly and soon enough I was already at the cemetery.

The cemetery was basically in the city's borders, almost outside of it. I always went there when I was feeling lost. And that was a common feeling for me, at least in the past few days. I walked unconsciously to my father's grave.

I got on my knees in front of his gravestone and stood there for a while. It was really cold. Not really an uncommon fact in Toronto. The cold wind felt like razors in my skin. I looked up, the moon shinned brightly on the sky making the night a little less dark. I could see the trees, the graves and tombs.

"You have no idea of how much I miss you..." I said, looking up.

My knees were cold and wet because of the rain that had fell hours ago. I didn't care though, I didn't move a muscle. I felt anger, I wanted to scream. Why did he leave me? How could he just die and leave me alone? How could he have been so reckless? All this unanswered questions roamed through my mind. I just looked down and stayed there, crying.

After a while I sensed someone watching me, although I tried not to care. I am starting to get paranoid. I heard footsteps behind me. Okay, that is starting to get creepy. I stood up and turned around, nothing, only the dark of the night. That's great, am I starting to go crazy? Hearing things? Awesome. I thought, mentally slapping myself.

A shiver ran down my spine, I felt like I had to get the hell away from there. I didn't know why but I just needed to. I went to my car, almost running. When I finally got there I felt safer. I had nothing to worry about, there was no one there, it was just my imagination.

I was ready to get into my car when someone grabbed me by my hips and put their hand in my mouth. My heart beat fast. I tried to get away from their grip but I couldn't, whoever it was, they were extremely strong.

I felt something cold and sharp against my throat. A knife. I stopped moving as my muscles tightened in fear. There was someone in front of me but I couldn't see who it was because a hood covered his face.

I only knew it was a man because I heard him saying.

"Take her away." He had a strong think accent, but I couldn't really put it where it came from.

The person behind me moved taking me along. I felt like shit, weak and defenseless. I was afraid, or better, terrified. I wanted to scream but the hand in my mouth, and the knife against my throat, prevented me from doing so.

They took me to the other side of the parking lot, where I saw a black van, which they conveniently shoved me into. I didn't have time to do anything. Before I could think the car was already moving. I looked around, 5 people all dressed in black and with hoods covering their faces were looking intently at me.

I screamed in despair but suddenly felt a sharp pain on the back of my head and everything went dark.

***

I opened my eyes. I was lying on a small bed. I looked around and tried to get up but the pain in the back of my head made me fall back flat on the bed. I gently touched the back of my head, only to feel it throbbing in pain, and not surprisingly, the fingers were coated in blood when I brought them back into my line of sight. Someone had hit me in the back of the head and knocked me unconscious. Great.