My Rose Desire

CHAPTER 28 - My Rose Desire

Sophia's POV

I watched as Beth left the throne room, with my heart on my hands. I wasn't the kind of person that usually cared about other people's feelings, but it was different with Beth. She was my best friend, she took me in when I had no one else. And I hated to see her like this, she had gone through so much shit already, it wasn't fair.

I sighed, looking back at Samantha, who was still crying copiously. I shifted uncomfortably in place, I wasn't really sure of what to do. I didn't know how to deal with crying people, much less Samantha, who was by far the most innocent and sensitive person I've ever met.

I sighed deeply, walking towards her, but still making a point of not getting too close to her, as crying people did make me extremely uncomfortable. I knew this was hard for her too, not only the woman who raised her was at the brink of a breakdown, but she had also taken quite a liking towards the human. And knowing what was about to happen, broke her heart. I put one hand on her shoulder, as I tried to calm her down.

"Hey Sam, it's okay, it's going to be okay." I said, in the gentlest tone I could muster. She looked up at me, her eyes puffy and her face flushed red as she was still sobbing hard.

"No, it's not!" She screamed, choking on her own tears.

She then lunged towards me, resting her head on my shoulder as she continued to cry. I immediately froze in place. I felt the hot air coming from her mouth against my neck, as she breathed quickly against me. Her body slightly trembled against mine, as she sneaked her arms around my waist and held me tight.

I had to suck in a breath, as I looked down at her. I hadn't really fed today, because Beth's situation was stressing me out, and having Samantha so close to me, holding me like this, was starting to cloud my judgment. But I knew I couldn't, Sam was a kid, and not just any kid, she was my best friend's kid! I had always known that she was off-limits, and I had never really looked at her like that.

Although I couldn't control the goosebumps that rose on my skin as I unconsciously held her back. Sam was beautiful, I couldn't deny that, but this wasn't right. I had never even thought about her in a sexual way before, then why the hell was I dying to take her right now? Was it the fact that she was still untouched? After all, I had never really sensed an essence like hers, it was truly one of a kind.

I breathed deeply, trying to control myself. I wanted her, and I wanted her bad. She was driving me crazy. Her essence was so pure, so powerful. And I wanted it to be mine. I wanted her to be mine. I clenched my jaw tightly, as I felt my blood boiling in desire. Beth will kill me if I go through with this. I thought as I let her go. I had to get out of there. I was already feeling my nature taking over, the fact that she was so pure and innocent only made it harder to control myself.

"Samantha... I think I... Should go..." I said, and I could barely recognize my own voice. I sounded like an utter mess.

Samantha reluctantly took a step back and looked up at me. Which didn't help, because it seemed like I was looking at her for the first time, as I finally took notice of all of her perfect features. Goddamnit, when the hell did Sam grow up? Just yesterday she was a little kid! I thought bitterly, as I felt my eyes getting a light pink tint. She just stared at me for a few seconds, making me bowl my fists hard, as I kept trying to control myself.

"Can I stay with you today?" She asked lowly. I almost choked. Stay with me? In my room? Alone? Just the two of us? No way, I wouldn't be able to control myself.

"I don't... think that is such a good idea." I answered, but she only looked back at me with pleading eyes.

"Please, Sophia. I don't want to be alone today." She pleaded, and she sounded so vulnerable. I couldn't control myself.