Semblance Of Confusion

CHAPTER 20 - Semblance Of Confusion

Eve's POV

I walked around the mansion, completely astonished. Finally, I had accepted one of Samantha's incessant offers to show me around the place. And each step I took made more and more amazed. The covenant, as Sam told me it was called, was extraordinary.

I knew the place was huge, I had seen glimpses of it before when I was being dragged around by one of Elizabeth's guards. But it was different now that I could actually stop to appreciate it, the place had absolutely everything inside it.

We were now at the training ring, which was divided into two parts. One which was the shooting range, that was also divided into two areas, those being archery and firearms. The second part of the training wing was a sizeable room with different rings and dojôs for different types of martial arts training. It seemed that they took this kind of stuff very seriously here. And even though the training was brutal, I could see that they had discipline and skill.

At the side, there were several different shelves with hundreds of different weapons on display. I opened my eyes widely as I watched some people training. The sound of cracking bones and cartilage could be heard from afar. I shivered in fear. Holy shit, those people weren't joking around, that was barbaric.

And I was guessing that Sam noticed my little apprehension because she grabbed my hand and guided me to another part of the mansion. I sighed in relief, trying not to think about what I just saw. If they did that to each other, I could only imagine what they would do to their enemies. And suddenly, being a sex slave didn't seem so bad, at least I was still alive.

"Don't worry, Eve. You're Beth's property, no one would dare touch you." She said quietly by my side, and I knew she didn't like the whole 'my mother owns my friend' thing. But she had to suck it up, there was no discussion with Elizabeth. I knew that well.

We walked in a comfortable silence, which was only broken a few times by Sam, who showed me the different rooms as we walked by. Even the halls were well adorned with paintings and sculptures. Sam had told me that Elizabeth was quite the art collector, and it was weird to think about her as the art lover type. It seemed that she had so many different sides it was hard for me to keep up. It was a shame I ended up getting the overly possessive, sadistic and lustful side of her.

The mansion was amazing. We passed through a gaming room, a cinema, a bar, food court, an art room, a library, a security room and much more, they even had a nursery! I was in awe. I had never seen anything like that, they had literally everything inside that place. Elizabeth was fucking loaded, that was for sure.

As we walked I couldn't help but noticed a big white door engraved with a black treble clef beside a bass clef. I stopped dead on my tracks, looking at it with interest. Samantha noticed my curiosity and stopped by my side, gently touching the door.

"This is our music room. Some of the people in the mansion are really into it." She said. I looked at the door with amazement.

"Can we go inside?" I asked, like a little girl going to Disneyland. Samantha chuckled and nodded.

"Of course. Do you play anything?" She asked while she opened the door.

I could barely answer as I looked inside, my heart basically skipping a beat. It was beautiful, they had basically every music instrument ever made. Oh my God, I think Elizabeth did kill me and I'm in heaven. I thought as I looked around me.

The walls were covered with different posters, all signed. The room seemed to be separated into sections. Each section held a different style. There was a deep blue one with guitars, saxes, basses, cellos, drums, and a piano, which I recognised as blues and jazz.