Psycho

CHAPTER 56 - Psycho

Eve's POV

I walked through the ground following the well-known path towards my former home. I looked at the moon, I was well aware that the sun was going to rise in just a few hours but right now I couldn't bring myself to care for my own safety. Right now the only thing that mattered was to get Kate into safety. I didn't know who was behind all of this but I would for sure find out. And once I did... I would have my first kill.

I carefully sprinted hiding in the shadows so no one would be able to see me. Questions still ran through my mind. Who would want to harm Kate, Hannah and Isobelle? What happened to them? How the hell did Isobelle know how to reach me? My mind was racing wildly as I ran through miles trying to reach my destination. The clock was ticking and my life depended on it. A few more hours and I would burn to death.

The closer I got to the house the louder the noises around me began to be. I heard screaming and footsteps. Once I was near enough dozens of different scents hit my nose. I frowned trying to make some sense of them but nothing came into my mind. My instincts were telling me to turn away, to get the hell out of there. But my mind was begging me to go forward. And I did what it said. I just ran relentlessly to the house.

I burst the door down and got into the place. The scents I had previously smelled now where stronger and something in them confused me. High-pitched noises made my mind spin and I could hear several different things all around me. Footsteps and screams ran through the house and I couldn't sense where they were coming from. I knew someone was there, lurching, walking around me. But I couldn't place where.

I stumbled forwards and my eyes locked on the couch. Isobelle was sitting there, looking at me. She had a devious smirk on her face. I growled lowly. She planned this.

I turned around trying to focus on whoever was moving around me. I couldn't see anything since the noises were making my head spin and the scents were making me weak. I hissed grabbing my head trying to suppress the pressure.

"I would think you were smarter than that." A deep voice said from somewhere around me.

"Where's Kate?" I managed to ask. This time Isobelle was the one who answered.

"Do you really think I would let you near my child? You're a monster and she's somewhere safe from you. You'll never see her again." She hissed and I growled at her.

My mind was now spinning but I still managed to lunge myself forward towards her. I was going to kill the bitch. Before I could reach her though, someone stopped me. I felt something going into my skin and a thick liquid being inserted into my body. I screamed in pain.

It felt like fire running through my veins. I hissed and my knees weakened. I fell on my knees and looked up. My vision began to blur. The last thing I heard before I passed out was Isobelle's voice from afar.

"I kept my end of the deal. You can do whatever you want with her, I just want her dead when you finish with her." She said coldly and just like that everything went black.

***

My eyelids slowly crept open and I tried to look at my surroundings. I was in a dirty small room. My whole body ached as I tried to move. My wrists were bound over my head and my feet were hanging from the floor. I felt blood trickling down my body and the cold wind hitting my skin made me realise that I was only left in my panties and bra.

My mind then travelled back to my sister. At least Isobelle said that she was somewhere safe. I growled inwardly. That bitch! She planned this. I'd kill her for that. And what troubled me the most was that she wasn't alone. Someone was helping her. And worse, I was left in their hands right now.